MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: returndate (users) as varchar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We save (nearly) every date as int including awaydate but for some reason returndate is saved as varchar (users table). Without looking at the files I can't see any reason why we do so.
Change it on 1.8.1 (:
returndate isn't stored as a integer, it's stored as a date (like birthdays are).
Yeah, I knew about birthdays and IIRC there was a reason we did it there.
But why the returndate? Especially when we save the awaydate as int?
The only reason I can think of is allowing for dates past 2038...
It gives you the opportunity to insert only parts of the Date. Nice if you don't wanna unveil your exact Birtday or return date, like Oct 2014 instead of 12, Oct ' 2014.
(2014-09-01, 11:33 AM)Nifty Wrote: [ -> ]It gives you the opportunity to insert only parts of the Date. Nice if you don't wanna unveil your exact Birtday or return date, like Oct 2014 instead of 12, Oct ' 2014.

That would be a good reason if it actually worked. But if you save March 2015, for example, the date becomes "Unknown". This should be fixed.
That is because it doesn't even get saved. Or that it looks like.

1.8.5 will be a funny update..
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1860

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group