MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which Language File to Edit ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Members,

1.Which Language file [ or files ] Need to be edited to replace the Paranthesis - '( )'  to square Brackets - ' [ ] ' ?
[attachment=5253]

2. How to change the background color of the Block indicated in the Image. ?
[attachment=5255]

3. How can i remove the Comma shown beside the Subforum as indicated in the Image.
[attachment=5256]

Thank You.

Regards,
can some one plz help with this ?
Well, I'd have to research to figure out more of your questions, but for #2, go into your theme and scroll down to Welcome panel and change the background color. Of course, this will change the color of the entire welcome block, not just the area you circled. I'm not sure if that is even possible! I'll let you know if I figure out the rest.

EDIT: OK, I found out how to get rid of the comma in your third question. Go to your templates -> modify/delete -> expand template set -> expand Forum Bit Templates -> Edit forumbit_depth3

Of the following code:

{$comma}{$statusicon}<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}">{$forum['name']}</a>

Remove {$comma}
By the way, it does look better without it! Big Grin
For #1 try:
AdminCP ---> Users and Groups ---> Manage Groups ---> click GO button for any of the groups.
TITLE and USER TITLE should NOT have ( ) or [ ] ... should only have group name.
Hmm...from what I've discovered, all the ( and ) are manually entered...so you would have to search for them in all the templates and change them one at a time.
It might be that he also does not have a usertitle name in there and is assigned to a group and that maybe is typed out with ( ) for groups.

This is all just a guess though.Wont know unless he replies back with reults
Nah, all user titles are surrounded by ( and ). Though I haven't had any luck yet finding which template they're in.
Thats odd because I have never had those ( ) on any Mybb I installed.No matter what theme I used either.

EDIT:
You know what...nevermind me hahaha
I see now where that actually is.That is viewing someones profile.
I thought it was viewing a post and it was like that.My bad hehe Toungue
Well, I did find a template that has them in it that you want changed, Mano! go back to editing your template set -> expand member templates -> edit member_profile

For instance:
({$lang->ppd_percent_total})<br /><span class="smalltext">(<a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_threads}</a> &mdash; <a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_posts}</a>)

If you change that to:
[{$lang->ppd_percent_total}]<br /><span class="smalltext">[<a href="search.php?action=finduserthreads&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_threads}</a> &mdash; <a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$uid}">{$lang->find_posts}</a>]

you get pic attached.
Thank u Judel....

Great help.
Pages: 1 2