MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Awaiting activation notice, no admin action required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: attachment.php?aid=32311]
No admin action is required for activating new users, but the message shows up...
... Smile
I can confirm!
The message is actually meant to appear when there are users awaiting activation regardless of that setting so if the user is in the awaiting activation user group then the message is correct.

Do you mean it shouldn't appear unless the setting requires administrators to activate users?
(2014-09-21, 12:33 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The message is actually meant to appear when there are users awaiting activation regardless of that setting so if the user is in the awaiting activation user group then the message is correct.

Do you mean it shouldn't appear unless the setting requires administrators to activate users?

Yeah, it should only appear if the user needs to be manually activated by an admin.
(2014-09-21, 12:33 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]The message is actually meant to appear when there are users awaiting activation regardless of that setting so if the user is in the awaiting activation user group then the message is correct.

I always have some accounts that are never beeing activated... I delete them from time to time, but I give them at least a month... Therefore that hint would never disappear I guess and a red hint is quite annoying especially when there is no serious reason for it and nothing for me to do... 
I think there is already an issue for this over at GH, if you can please find it and reference this thread over there.
@Omar G. https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1007 - This one? It's the only open GH issue with an awaiting activation bug...
Had the same bar in top of my screen but there were actually 2 accounts not activated.
I removed them both and the bar dissapeared.
Pages: 1 2