MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can you guys help me ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know this is not good thing but I'm not trying to get traffic or any thing just want to get your honest opinion on my forum before I launch it.

I know it looks good but please let me know what more should I do before I launch it online.

My idea is to make a online community for bikers in my country mostly but envision to expand as well.

Comment on anything starting from the logo.

Sit: http://bikerzone.cf/index2.php
I always prefer having a feedback forum at the top. That's the first thing I'd change.

Profiles tabs just seem better because information is more organized. You can easily find what you want. This will definitely help once you start to get profile comments.
Thank you very much dragonexpert I will move the feedback to the top.
Looks very nice, I like the yellow. It was easy on my eyes, I wish you the best of luck!
(2014-09-03, 03:24 AM)McavoyWilson Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very nice, I like the yellow. It was easy on my eyes, I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you very much the theme credit must go to Justin S. (http://bellomandesign.com/) it's his theme.
I don't like how Administrators dedicate a whole section, thread, or Announcement to the rules. There's plenty of ways to make its own page, and add a link to the top along "Search, Members List, Calendar, Contact Us", etc.

Also with forums that ask for donation, I judge it based on what they have to offer. We're all Administrators here, we all know what it takes & costs to run a forum. Any new forum starting out will only cost about $75 for the first year; about 15 for the domain (could be $1 if you got one of those 1st year deals so then $14 less) & $5 per month for 12 months. So why would you need to beg people that haven't signed up yet for donations? It's a major turn off, and I personally do not like communities such as that and avoid signing up.

It's new forum, you want to attract as many people as possible. What's not cool is lying to your members;

Quote:Want to show how much you care about our forum? With web hosting, domain, and advertising costs, it's expensive to keep our forum up and running. Currently, all of the expensive come right out of the administrator's pocket. That's why we now offer a method for you to donate and help us stay online!

While the suggested donation is $10, we will be thankful for ALL donations, big and small. 100% of donations will be used for our forums, and NONE of it will be used for personal expenses. To get started, simply enter an amount below and click Donate.

$75 a year is not expensive. Suggested donation of $10 sounds like a rip off because all you need is 7-8 people to donate to break even then you pocket the rest of the cash.

Running a forum is a hobby, and you have to invest money into it just like any other hobby. Asking for donations & ads are not cool. You shouldn't do either one until you have at least a solid member base.

I'll question what the forums are running on if they want donations. You better be running on a dedicated server as opposed to a VPS or shared hosting.
Thank you WebEx for your words of wisdom. That quote you're showing is not mine it's from the plugin I used to create that page I didn't change it and I had to redo the whole forum do to a miss hap so that msg is still there.

and no I'm not doing this to get money I do have another job this is just for fun but donations will help if they come to move my forum to a better host and to start on my other projects as well.

If you don't like forums asking for donations then it's cool it's your opinion no need to shout about it.
(2014-09-02, 04:50 PM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is not good thing but I'm not trying to get traffic or any thing just want to get your honest opinion on my forum before I launch it.

I know it looks good but please let me know what more should I do before I launch it online.

My idea is to make a online community for bikers in my country mostly but envision to expand as well.

Hi dude i csn help you...
(2014-09-05, 05:59 AM)jasminegarner24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-02, 04:50 PM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is not good thing but I'm not trying to get traffic or any thing just want to get your honest opinion on my forum before I launch it.

Hi dude i csn help you...

how ?
(2014-09-05, 05:49 AM)sadaruwan12 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you WebEx for your words of wisdom. That quote you're showing is not mine it's from the plugin I used to create that page I didn't change it and I had to redo the whole forum do to a miss hap so that msg is still there.

and no I'm not doing this to get money I do have another job this is just for fun but donations will help if they come to move my forum to a better host and to start on my other projects as well.

If you don't like forums asking for donations then it's cool it's your opinion no need to shout about it.

I didn't use any expression that indicates shouting. I am merely stating a fact that makes your board unattractive.

All my boards fund themselves based on ads, but even then you have to take the advice that was said in the Facebook movie, The Social Network; Ads aren't cool. I ran mine for several years without ads & paying for the VPS hosting out of pocket. It was only until the point that I felt they were stable enough to put a bit of advertising on and it was enough to cover the server costs.

Extra funds I put towards site giveaways.

I don't believe donations are ever needed and it should be uninstalled completely.
Pages: 1 2 3