MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to continue/edit Instal Process..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I'm a bit of a newbie to this whole Database/MyBB thing.

Last night I was basically 70% through the Install process and I got sidetracked.

I left off at the Board Configuration part as I wasn't sure how to proceed with some of the fields.

Anyway, one day later and I have no idea how to get back to that stage as I clearly need to finish this step and the one afterward which I believe involves setting up essential Administrator Information(UserName/Password).

When I enter my domain/install into the URL box I get:

"Welcome to the installation wizard for MyBB 1.6.15. MyBB has detected it is already configured this directory.

Please choose a suitable action below:

Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.6.15 (Recommended)

This option will upgrade your current version of MyBB to MyBB 1.6.15.

You should choose this option when you wish to retain your current forum threads, posts, users and other information."

Btw, it seems to indicate that I already have MyBB 1.6.15 yet suggests I upgrade to what appears to be the same verrsion.

Am I missing something here?

Anyway, I could use some help getting back into and finishing up the Install process.

Any help getting me back there would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jonathan
If you never finished the install then it should be fine to just start the install again.
Please not everyone at one time [Image: smile.gif]

Anyone?
Installing mybb is quite simple, Estimated install time 5mins. Create MySQL Improved Database in your cpanel and find your FTP details and drag and drop the 1.8 Update on your public_html folder. Contents located in /Upload

If your using a VPS not shared hosting then you will need your own SQL database. Unless it has a Cpanel.
and a server Apache/Roxen, All depending on your OS.

Once you have done that, It is pretty straight foward. Navigate to your website and now
everything is automatic, No manually entering /Install to proceed since the 1.8 update.

The hard bit is configuring your board what takes some time.
Thanks everyone as I did indeed run it again..no issues this time..all good..I think ;-)

J.