MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multi-quote not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have upgraded to 1.8 - things generally OK.

However the multi quote button is not showing on threads.  I have checked the configuration settings show thread options and it has show multi quote button set to on.

Can anyone help me with this please.

Thank you.
When you click the quote button, it's automatically acting as multi-quoting, then below quick reply box this text appearing: "You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them.". After you click "Quote these posts now" it's inserting quotes in quick reply box. (at least, in this site it does this Toungue )
I do not have the quick reply box enabled - also if you look at the myBB forum we are posting on it has both a reply button for a single quote and a quote+ button for multi quoting.

Undecided
I didn't install 1.8 yet, but maybe you should enable javascript or ajax (whatever 1.8 uses) in acp? In 1.6, when you disable ajax, multi-quoting doesn't work.
I have not seen a setting for either of those - where would I find them?
(2014-09-02, 10:17 PM)sphinx Wrote: [ -> ]I have not seen a setting for either of those - where would I find them?

I said, i haven't installed 1.8 yet. But in 1.6, that was in "Server and optimisation settings".
I have checked the server and optimization settings and there is nothing about javascript or ajax and all the settings are set the same as 1.6.
after upgrading to MyBB 1.8, have you updated the codes in templates as well ?
if so, post forum url & test user account so that someone can check the issue
I have put a specific 1.8 template on.

I reported problems with templates on another thread with indications I have made customizations I have not and not being able to revert to original because of customizations I have made. 

I tried reverting the default theme templates to original because I had not made any changes to the code myself but that just created more problems (before reverting chunks of code were appearing on the front end) as it ended up with avatars appearing twice but in slightly different positions so they crossed over.

OK after some playing around it seems the lack of multi quote may be a theme issue not a problem with the main upgrade. I will go and see if there is anything about it on the theme specific pages
I'm having a problem for when I quote someone's message, I add a message of my own, but when I make the post, my own message isn't there. Just the message I quoted.