MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Clean Installing from 1.6 [Question]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello mates,
I want to install 1.8.0 on my site cleanly and import current 1.6 version's database to it. Which database tables are required (or enough) to do this with no loss of posts, threads, users and other most important stuff (if there are)?
Thanks a lot.
You need to put all files into your mybb 1.6 script.
Later use url: http://YourDomain/install/upgrade.php
Upgrade will be automated.
(2014-09-02, 09:54 PM)glover Wrote: [ -> ]You need to put all files into your mybb 1.6 script.
Later use url: http://YourDomain/install/upgrade.php
Upgrade will be automated.

I think you didn't get the point. I want to install a clean 1.8 version, then import the database. Im asking, which tables i must import to not to loss any data (posts, threads, members and forums and the other important stuff that i don't know).
You cannot manually import some tables from script 1.6 into new script 1.8.
If you will uninstall all plugins on old wersion MyBB go to upgrade.php in mybb 1.8 and you will be have a clean 1.8 with all post,threads, users stuff as i said before.
Option upgrade.php don't clear all data in your database Wink
(2014-09-02, 10:11 PM)glover Wrote: [ -> ]You cannot manually import some tables from script 1.6 into new script 1.8.
If you will uninstall all plugins on old wersion MyBB go to upgrade.php in mybb 1.8 and you will be have a clean 1.8 with all post,threads, users stuff as i said before.

I can update once to get 1.8 database and delete it, i just want my forum clean, because i dont want to bother with deleting un-used files in ftp, instead i can backup important things and import them.
I see. go to phpMyAdmin and look for tables.
mybb_awaitingactivation
mybb_banned
mybb_events
mybb_forumpermissions
mybb_forums
mybb_forumread
mybb_forumsubscriptions
mybb_groupleaders
mybb_moderators
mybb_modtools
mybb_mycode
mybb_polls
mybb_pollvotes
mybb_posts
mybb_privatemessages
mybb_profilefields
mybb_reputation
mybb_smilies
mybb_stats
mybb_threadprefixes
mybb_threadrattings
mybb_threads
mybb_userfields
mybb_usergroups
mybb_users
mybb_usertitles
mybb_warninglevels
mybb_warnings
mybb_warningtypes
This tables can be imported after clean install script mybb 1.8
After you did import tables do not forget rebuild all settings in ACP.
if I forgot any other table please attach.
This was the answer i wanted, thanks Smile (i will mark thread as solved when i complete proccess successfully)
Hello, I made an sql backup with mybb 1.6.15
I delete the webspace and database. I inserted only the listed tables above, but I got an error

Whats wrong?

Fehler

SQL-Befehl:

-- -- Daten für Tabelle `mybb_forumpermissions` -- INSERT INTO `mybb_forumpermissions` (`pid`, `fid`, `gid`, `canview`, `canviewthreads`, `canonlyviewownthreads`, `candlattachments`, `canpostthreads`, `canpostreplys`, `canonlyreplyownthreads`, `canpostattachments`, `canratethreads`, `caneditposts`, `candeleteposts`, `candeletethreads`, `caneditattachments`, `modposts`, `modthreads`, `mod_edit_posts`, `modattachments`, `canpostpolls`, `canvotepolls`, `cansearch`, `canrateownthreads`, `canstickyownthreads`, `cancloseownthreads`, `canpostlinks`, `canpostimages`, `canpostvideos`) VALUES (11, 6, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1), (7, 3, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1), (10, 5, 7, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1), (8, 16, 7, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1), (9, 19, 7, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, [...]

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1054 - Unknown column 'canrateownthreads' in 'field list' 
You can't import data from a MyBB 1.6 forum into a MyBB 1.8 forum as the database structure has been changed considerably. The only way to update your forum is running the upgrade script (which has over 2500 lines of code to do that!).