MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: nginx recommendations!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there! Is there any recommendations for nginx settings? We're getting issues of people logged into other's accounts now. They're not doing anything, but, it's just saying Hey <name> and it's definately not their account. 
You have some odd caching going on somewhere then...
yeah trying to figure out the root cause of it. But, I admit. I don't know much about this + mybb :/
Nginx shouldn't cache anything by default. Have you enabled the fastcgi cache for nginx?
I'm starting to think it's CloudFlare causing the problem. And not nginx. What made us point to it was when we first enabled it; was when the issues all started being reported.

Alrighty; this issue seems to be solved. Replying here since in case Google decides in the future to rank this up.

CloudFlare; while it doesn't cache .html or .php; lies. It does cache MyBB, even though the htaccess makes it .html. Just change your CloudFlare cache settings to Basic. Simplified or Aggressive will cause cache issues.
(2014-09-03, 06:27 PM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]I'm starting to think it's CloudFlare causing the problem. And not nginx. What made us point to it was when we first enabled it; was when the issues all started being reported.

Alrighty; this issue seems to be solved. Replying here since in case Google decides in the future to rank this up.

CloudFlare; while it doesn't cache .html or .php; lies. It does cache MyBB, even though the htaccess makes it .html. Just change your CloudFlare cache settings to Basic. Simplified or Aggressive will cause cache issues.

We actually don't cache .html of .php by default & this seems strange. Did you set a PageRule for us to cache everything? That would cache .html or .php.
Does fastcgi caching with nginx mess up mybb always?
(2015-06-17, 11:06 PM)blindpet Wrote: [ -> ]Does fastcgi caching with nginx mess up mybb always?

Not if you configure it correctly. You need to have it only cache for guests or else new posts and such won't behave quite as expected. The same issue exists in all other forum software I know of.
(2015-06-18, 06:38 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-17, 11:06 PM)blindpet Wrote: [ -> ]Does fastcgi caching with nginx mess up mybb always?

Not if you configure it correctly. You need to have it only cache for guests or else new posts and such won't behave quite as expected. The same issue exists in all other forum software I know of.

I will be running WordPress on the same VPS and Wordpress benefits from fast cgi caching, is it easier to separate the vhosts and set up the fast cgi caching separately that way? Do you happen to have a config for fast cgi caching for guests only?
(2015-06-18, 07:48 AM)blindpet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-18, 06:38 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

I will be running WordPress on the same VPS and Wordpress benefits from fast cgi caching, is it easier to separate the vhosts and set up the fast cgi caching separately that way? Do you happen to have a config for fast cgi caching for guests only?

I would separate the vhosts if you're using subdomains, otherwise I'd just a single vhost. I've actually been meaning to write a guide about using fastcgi caching for a while now, so I'll get my config separated out and post it. It hasn't had much of a production test yet, as I've only been testing locally.
Pages: 1 2