MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot longer acces the Admin CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear everyone,

About 20 minutes ago i upgraded to mybb 1.8

Before i upgraded i turned the forum offline due admin cp ( it always works fine)

The upgrade succeeded, after the upgrade it asked me for a security pin.
I made one ( the same as my admin pasword)

I can go to my forum (http://nosuchgamingfriends.com) But i cant login to the admin cp.
I cant set my forum back to online

Please i need help.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

MrNerdy

Dear Everyone,

A little update: After changing this : $settings['boardclosed'] = "1"; to $settings[' boardclosed'] = "";

My forum is online, (don't know for how longToungue)

But still i cant access the admincp
When i click on admincp, it asking my username/pasword/PIN after this the page stays blank.

Sincerely,

MrNerdy

www.nosuchgamingfriends.com
Does the server error log show anything?
i got a similar issue..

it keeps saying:

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You have entered an invalid username/password or email/password combination.

i upgraded from 1.6.13 to 1.8

so i thought maybe the way the password is stored is wrong.. so i logged out of the front side.. and then went forgot password.. sent me a new one.. entered it..

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You have entered an invalid username/password or email/password combination.

-----------

its a pretty standard install.. i disabled the 1 plugin that was activated prio to upgrading (detect username)

the only changes i did to the templates was to remove the top header and add in skype as a IM.

im not even using a skin or anything
Check in inc/config.php to see if you have a pin which may be wrong to what you believe.
(2014-09-03, 08:30 AM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]Check in inc/config.php to see if you have a pin which may be wrong to what you believe.

i didnt set a pin. also isnt the pin admin related? just general logging in isnt working. reverted back to 1.6.13 for now
(2014-09-03, 04:49 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Does the server error log show anything?

Not so far i can see,

At the hosting side(Strato AG Germany) is everything ok

this might be a noobie question, but where can i find that error log file?
Above the public_html folder you may see a folder called logs. If you do, open that and then find error.log.
This has happened to me but it shows a blank page when I go to Admin CP.
There a probably file of outdated plugins (e.g. game section) in your admin directory. I recommend to delete the admin directory entirely and upload the files again to erase old plugin files.
(2014-09-03, 11:58 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Above the public_html folder you may see a folder called logs.  If you do, open that and then find error.log.

I can only find Class_error.php

(2014-09-03, 12:34 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]There a probably file of outdated plugins (e.g. game section) in your admin directory. I recommend to delete the admin directory entirely and upload the files again to erase old plugin files.

Ok you mean the admin folder in the root of my mybb install?

ok but when i delete that folder, should i re-upgrade again or just copy the admin folder from the mybb 1.8 installation files to my root of my forum??
Pages: 1 2