MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help installing 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I messed up installing 1.8 and wondered if anyone is available to help?

Somehow I lost my old forum.
How did you lose the old forum? Did you make any file or database backups? Were you attempting an upgrade over an existing 1.6.x forum?
I was attempting a upgrade and somehow the upgrade overwrote my old forum.

www.hyperspacecafe.com
have you backup your database ?
Yes I have a backup from today but I don't know how to use it.
If you have both the files and the database backup, you can just upload the old files, then import your database backup into the same database via phpmyadmin. That should do the trick.

If you were attempting an upgrade, did you actually run the upgrader by going to /install? What exactly did you do as far as the upgrade is concerned?
I used a program called MyBBatically to upgrade the forum. I think where I might have messed up is when I had to tell MyBBatically what database to update.
it was not good way to upgrade script with this plugin, and when you did upgrade you get wrong option upgrade with clean script.
If you have old database you can install clean old script mybb and later import manually some tables.
When you get back all stuff, try to upgrade without plugin your script.
But better will be if you tell what do you have before you used mmbatically
I don't know a whole lot about configuring software. I'd be will to pay someone to help me with restoring the database.

I first used MyBBatically to upgrade my forum and everything went fine but I noticed the new theme wasn't written to my forum. So I ran MyBBatically again and this time I noticed a check box to overwrite old templates and I checked it and then it asked me for Database Name,
Database Username, and Database Password. I typed it in and clicked ok and then it said finished and my old forum was gone.
you said that you have a backup.
is it a database backup of earlier forum OR complete backup from web host panel before upgrading / 2nd upgrading
Pages: 1 2