MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: While Installing ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No reason, but unpacked fresh MyBB 1.8, had a direct hit to upgrade.php, and:

[Image: WmvohtI.png]

Where the inclusion of functions.php is missing?
Can't reproduce. Did you surely upload all files?
This can happen (in theory). class_error is the first file we include in upgrade.php (line 22). But functions.php is included in line 48 so if one of the lines between those two includes throws a catchable error this may happen. However the lines shouldn't throw one (class_clore, config.php and class_timer).

BTW: inc/init.php does it the other way: class_error -> functions.php -> class_timers -> class_core -> config.php
Probably best to include functions first then, surely?
(2014-09-03, 09:55 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't reproduce. Did you surely upload all files?

I'm sure I've dumped all the files as I directly dragged the folder 'upload' and dropped in proper location of my localhost.
I'll try reproducing it further and if it happens will report back.
Not sure why it was done that way.
install/index.php needs this "fix" probably too.

@effone: can you try moving the require functions.php line?
Yes, if I move :
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/functions.php";

before:
require_once MYBB_ROOT.'inc/class_error.php';

at line no. 22 in upgrade.php the issue gets resolved. Obviously ...
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1473

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group