MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts Not Showing Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL of Forum in Question: http://www.tokyoghoul.decadence-rpg.net/index.php

Hello guys,

My forum that is ran by MyBB has been experiencing an issue where recently made posts by members are not showing up when submitted. This is happening for all user groups.

I have asked around and certain posts show for some members, and not others, while some members aren't seeing any posts made in the last 24 hours.

I have tried the Rebuild Threads Counter in the Admin CP and it didn't fix anything. As well as clearing all my cookies, restarting my computer, trying all browsers - even from my phone. I know for a fact all my user group permissions are correct, as we have been up and running for almost 2 months and never had this issue until now.

Help for this is needed ASAP because a forum can not thrive when posts aren't showing...

Thanks so much

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

EDIT

Just realized this was made under 1.8 and should be in the General Support board for 1.6 sorry guys.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

EDIT TWO

It is not just posts that aren't registering, it's also profile modifications, theme changes, and even when I try to add points to a user's account with the New Points plugin. Nothing is changing or updating.
I'm a member of the site and this issue is killing the community, which was thriving exponentially. Can we get an update as to if anyone's even looking into this? It's pretty urgent, considering if this is prolonged much longer we may not have a site anymore. Anything at all would be greatly appreciated.
it looks like a problem with the database. have you contacted web host ..
(2014-09-04, 05:09 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]it looks like a problem with the database. have you contacted web host ..

Over the last few months I have had numerous problems with the MyBB software. I have contacted my service provider (which I do pay for and is not free) and they have told me they can find nothing wrong on their end. They even migrated our server to a new one and the problem is persisting.

The forum is now allowing posts to be posted and show, but some hours later they are being ate and appear to have never existed.
your experience (from above post) again says that there is problem with server & database ..

anyway, do you have many plugins activated for the forum ?
(2014-09-04, 05:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]your experience (from above post) again says that there is problem with server & database ..

anyway, do you have many plugins activated for the forum ?

I have numerous plugins active on the forum.

Here is a picture of all my active plugins http://i.imgur.com/taCJUGs.jpg
^ so there are just a few plugins activated - and they should not affect performance ..

I wish someone having expertise can check your forum with required temporary privileges ..
Do the posts that aren't showing actually exist in the database? If so, it may be a caching issue.