MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registrations not allowed because gender required but not on registration form
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just been emailed by someone trying to register saying that they are being blocked because they have not put their gender when the option to put their gender is not on the registration form.

I have checked this out and confirmed it - I then checked custom profile feeds and made sure gender was required (yes) registration (yes) and set to radio buttons.  Those were all correct and yet it does not appear on the registration form.

For the time being I have changed it so that gender is not required so that people can register but does anyone know how to fix this and is anyone else having issues with it?
Are you using the default theme or a custom one? Double check to make sure that these fields are included in your member_register template:

{$requiredfields}
{$customfields}
^ or you set the Editable By profile field setting incorrectly. Which groups did you select?
(2014-09-03, 03:19 PM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the default theme or a custom one? Double check to make sure that these fields are included in your member_register template:

{$requiredfields}
{$customfields}

I cannot see them in the template.

I do struggle with code and cannot read it easily so I do not know where in the template they would expect to and what instructions would be around them.  I will check the default template and see if I can work it out but if someone could tell me exactly what changes need to be made it would be mega helpful

Thank you
^ as suggested by Destroy666 , do you have gender field set to editable (it is required)
(2014-09-04, 09:24 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ as suggested by Destroy666 , do you have gender field set to editable (it is required)

It is set to editable all groups.  It always has been.
assuming that you are using MyBB 1.8's default theme

Admin Panel >> Templates >> Default Templates >> Member Templates >> member_register --> Lines 41 - 42

does below code exist (above {$referrer})
{$requiredfields}
{$customfields}
Sorry for delay getting back - busy weekend. I am not on the default theme and that code does not exist in the theme I am using which will be the problem.