MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allowed Login Methods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every body,

When "Allowed Login Methods" is setted on "Both Username and Email" you can not log in with your email address!
Hi,

Thank you for your report. We have pushed this issue to our Github repository for further analysis where you can track our commits and progress with fixing this bug. Discussions regarding this bug may also take place there too.

Follow this link to visit the issue on Github: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1376

Thanks for contributing to MyBB!

Regards,
The MyBB Group
how do we fix it on our end?
^ see fixing codes suggested by a contributor (not yet official)

you can modify member.php & login.php files as suggested
or
use only user name login method at present until it is officially fixed (in MyBB 1.8.1)
It also applies if you select email only as will.

Hope to see this fixed soon.
Did this ever get fixed?

I was trying to set this to username and email, but every time I submit the change and the page reloaded, it would always go back to just username.

I went into the MySQL db and manually changed the value in the _settings table, and now when I reload that config page, it shows username and email.
I think it should be fixed, personally I use username and email method on my board without any issue.
(2017-09-12, 01:59 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]I think it should be fixed, personally I use username and email method on my board without any issue.

I guess you're right. I just did a new install on my development server and now it works.