MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need to downgrade to 1.6.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im getting this error 
Quote:SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `mybb_adminlog` (
  `uid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `ipaddress` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `dateline` bigint(30) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `module` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `action` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  `data` text NOT NULL,
  KEY `module` (`module`,`action`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

MySQL said: [Image: dot.gif]
#1050 - Table 'mybb_adminlog' already exists 
was i ment to update db first or add files?
There is no way to downgrade your own forums community to a prev release!
Next time, please remember that, before upgrading to latest versions, save database backup. site backup (if the hosting allows you to save yours online), unactive all plugins and close the board.
I have my database back up but thats the error it gave me when i tried to add it
(2014-09-04, 07:56 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]I have my database back up but thats the error it gave me when i tried to add it

I was the one who suggested to restore your backup, disable plugins and upgrade back to 1.8 Big Grin

Let's do it step by step, so you have replaced the new 1.8 files, with your old version files right? How exactly did you backup your database? Using the tool in the admin section? Using phpMyAdmin?
(2014-09-04, 08:13 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-04, 07:56 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]I have my database back up but thats the error it gave me when i tried to add it

I was the one who suggested to restore your backup, disable plugins and upgrade back to 1.8 Big Grin

Let's do it step by step, so you have replaced the new 1.8 files, with your old version files right? How exactly did you backup your database? Using the tool in the admin section? Using phpMyAdmin?
I did not put my old files back, since i dont know wat order to do it in, and i used the back up in the tools  in admin section, but i add the 1.6.14 fils in now
(2014-09-04, 08:20 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]I did not put my old files back, since i dont know wat order to do it in, and i used the back up in the tools  in admin section, but i add the 1.6.14 fils in now

Now let's begin the dirty work Big Grin Do you know something called phpMyAdmin ? Or do you have access to it on your website ? If you don't know what I'm talking about you can say it Big Grin
(2014-09-04, 08:27 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-04, 08:20 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]I did not put my old files back, since i dont know wat order to do it in, and i used the back up in the tools  in admin section, but i add the 1.6.14 fils in now

Now let's begin the dirty work Big Grin Do you know something called phpMyAdmin ? Or do you have access to it on your website ? If you don't know what I'm talking about you can say it Big Grin

Im uploading the 1.6.14 files as we speak, do i need to wait till it sstops to do the database?, ysed ik about phpmyadmin ive used it before, i guess i use import?

EDIT: files finihed uploading, next step?
(2014-09-04, 08:32 PM)FreeWebs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-04, 08:27 PM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]

Im uploading the 1.6.14 files as we speak, do i need to wait till it sstops to do the database?, ysed ik about phpmyadmin ive used it before, i guess i use import?

Ok great, follow these steps, assuming you just want to go back to your old board.

- From the right menu, click on the name of the database corresponding to your forum, by the way, you can find that name in your inc/config.php file, something like :

$config['database']['database'] = 'mybb_forum';

- Now you should see a long list of your tables, like this :

[Image: 9e1e3f96_o.png]

- Scroll down the list, you should see a checkbox "Check All", click it, and from the drop-drown menu next to it, select Drop :

[Image: 91805aeb_o.png]

- Wait some seconds, You should see a message saying that the tables have been dropped successfully.

- No go back to the "Import" tab, from the top of the page :

[Image: 40e6a9a9_o.png]

- Select your backup file, then go down the page and click "Go" :

[Image: 0c2cdf8e_o.png]

Then wait some time, it should be imported successfully.

If any problem happens let me know Big Grin
You'll have to rename your existing tables before you can restore a backup that contains tables with the same names. (like rename mybb_* to botched_mybb_*).

If anything goes wrong afterwards you can just rename them back.

If you decide to drop them, make a backup of them first just in case...
(2014-09-04, 08:47 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]You'll have to rename your existing tables before you can restore a backup that contains tables with the same names. (like rename mybb_* to botched_mybb_*).

If anything goes wrong afterwards you can just rename them back.

If you decide to drop them, make a backup of them first just in case...

Good point, I just assumed he doesn't care about the modifications he brought to his board when he upgraded Smile
Pages: 1 2 3