MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB 1.8 Plugin problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys , 
Ive just installed mybb 1.8 but as ive deactivated all my plgins im trying to activate the compatible plugins , but when i click on plugins none appear , however they appear in the settings but not in the plug in section , i get this message

This section allows you to activate, deactivate, and manage the plugins that you have uploaded to your forum's inc/plugins directory. To hide a plugin from view, but not lose any stored information from it, click the Deactivate link.

How do i activate plug ins with mybb 1.8 ?
Please help , thank you 
do the plugin files physically exist in ~/inc/plugins folder ? and are you using plugin uploader ?
(2014-09-04, 10:10 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]do the plugin files physically exist in ~/inc/plugins folder ? and are you using plugin uploader  ?

yes , they do sir.

And what do you mean by plugin uploader ?  Is this a new requirement for mybb 1.8 ?

I just use filezilla for all my sites uploading
^ I was referring to Plugin Uploader plugin, which is optionally used to upload other plugins (MyBB 1.6) ..

can you run file verification tool to find missing / changed php files - focus is on php files
(ignore images and files from install folder)

it looks like there is a faulty plugin file which is preventing loading of plugins list.

can you move all files & folders in plugins folder to a new folder (eg. ~/inc/plugins2) AND
move back plugin files & folders one by one & simultaneously refresh plugins page to find the faulty ..
(2014-09-04, 10:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ I was referring to Plugin Uploader plugin, which is optionally used to upload other plugins (MyBB 1.6) ..

can you run file verification tool to find missing / changed php files - focus is on php files
(ignore images and files from install folder)

it looks like there is a faulty plugin file which is preventing loading of plugins list.

can you move all files & folders in plugins folder to a new folder (eg. ~/inc/plugins2) AND
move back plugin files & folders one by one & simultaneously refresh plugins page to find the faulty ..

ok , iw ill do this now , thankyou sir

Did the file verification and its all fine

UPDATE: The issue was a plug in causing this problem , but the plugin is one thats Meant to be for 1.8
First i downloaded this

DVZ Shoutbox
Lightweight AJAX chat.
Created by Devilshakerz

That was the initial problem but when i put it into the plugins folder then in ACP plug do not show up , so i deleted that DVZ shoutbox and plugins showed up in ACP ,
i then tried this plugin (also for mybb1.8)

DVZ Mentions
Replaces @username with profile link and group color
Created by Devilshakerz

The same problem happened.

what could be the issue ? Corrupred plugin or is it an error on my behalf ? Thankyou

UPDATE:
Ok , i know what has happened, i may have not read the part about the dvz plugins reuiring PHP Version 5.5.16 , so a simple upgrade of that has fixed my problem , thanks for your help .m.