MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP.Downloads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be good if the new merge version would support the merge of IP.Downloads.
(2014-09-02, 02:40 PM)Nayson Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good if the new merge version would support the merge of IP.Downloads.

We'd need an IP.Downloads database first. My license is only for IP.Board.
I don't know IP.Downloads but from the name it sounds like it only contains attachments? Or does it have posts/threads/whatever associated with the downloads?
(2014-09-02, 05:25 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know IP.Downloads but from the name it sounds like it only contains attachments? Or does it have posts/threads/whatever associated with the downloads?

"IP.Downloads adds file-sharing capabilities to your IPS community, giving you and your users tools to submit, share and download all kinds of digital content."

You can compare it with MyDownloads by Pirata Nervo. Just a way more complex.
So it doesn't have any posts/threads associated with them? That'd make it impossible to merge them as mybb doesn't allow attachments without posts/threads.
(2014-09-03, 06:53 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]So it doesn't have any posts/threads associated with them? That'd make it impossible to merge them as mybb doesn't allow attachments without posts/threads.

Well, there's an option to create a "support thread" after a file got uploaded. But that's not the real download page for it.
Wouldn't it work to take the title, description and file of the IP.Downloads system and convert it to a normal thread with an attachment?
Hmm, yeah that could probably work. But I'm already busy with fixing a lot of old bugs and need to add more asced modules (like ipb3, vb4 and xenforo) so I doubt this will make it into 1.8.0. In addition I'd need a working database and some sort of folder structure/example downloads.
(2014-09-03, 11:35 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, yeah that could probably work. But I'm already busy with fixing a lot of old bugs and need to add more asced modules (like ipb3, vb4 and xenforo) so I doubt this will make it into 1.8.0. In addition I'd need a working database and some sort of folder structure/example downloads.

Don't forget vb5 and ipb4. Toungue
I could provide a database with example downloads. Just send me a message whenever you need it.
(2014-09-04, 11:02 AM)Nayson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-03, 11:35 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, yeah that could probably work. But I'm already busy with fixing a lot of old bugs and need to add more asced modules (like ipb3, vb4 and xenforo) so I doubt this will make it into 1.8.0. In addition I'd need a working database and some sort of folder structure/example downloads.

Don't forget vb5 and ipb4. Toungue
I could provide a database with example downloads. Just send me a message whenever you need it.

Can you please share your databases with us? That'd be great, really. Smile
I've splitted the thread as this hasn't anything to do with the first post.
As Jovan said: If you can send us any database listed here you'd help us a lot!