MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Way to reset user ID's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there anyway i could go about resetting my forums User id's or even changing or rotating specific user id's around in a easy manner. As i kind of dislike how the user ids go to 20 then to 2000's and so forth anyway to change this without manually editing every single user and forum thread/post?

Thank in Advance!
Not really, these are all MySQL auto-increment IDs that are used all over the place in the database. Did you manually increase one at some point? You must have done for it to make that jump.
nah at one point the original owner of the forums had a crap ton of bots on there that they deleted. Honestly it be nice is the system would reuse unused id's
It's not really possible, like I say it's a number generated by MySQL rather than the forum itself, you could probably have a script go through and re-index things but it would have to update so many rows in so many tables it's not really feasible. They're not really designed to be nice numbers that follow on, they're just an auto-created ID.
Ok thank you for your help. I guess ill live with it XD.