MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why YOU should LOVE 1.8 and expect a bright future for it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-09-10, 07:03 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Why you should love it? Because free never tasted so good. 'Nuff said.

nooooooo.
There's one major reason why a majority of people choose to use MyBB and that is the community and support you get. With other open source forum software such as phpBB yes it has some nice features, but the support you get and the community isn't great. However, here it is great, everyone is freindly.
(2014-09-10, 06:52 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]There's one major reason why a majority of people choose to use MyBB and that is the community and support you get. With other open source forum software such as phpBB yes it has some nice features, but the support you get and the community isn't great. However, here it is great, everyone is freindly.

Except for me xD Toungue
For the most part, I agree with your list. The added features are great.

Except number 5.

I hate wysiwyg editors. In most instances where I've used them I've found them to be more annoying than beneficial. I would much rather use the older MyBB 1.6 editor here. Or at least give people the option whether to use the old editor or the new one. (Is this an actual option? I don't know. I haven't see anything for it. If it isn't an option could someone make a plugin or something to do this?)
(2014-09-11, 12:11 AM)VirusZero Wrote: [ -> ]For the most part, I agree with your list. The added features are great.

Except number 5.

I hate wysiwyg editors. In most instances where I've used them I've found them to be more annoying than beneficial. I would much rather use the older MyBB 1.6 editor here. Or at least give people the option whether to use the old editor or the new one. (Is this an actual option? I don't know. I haven't see anything for it. If it isn't an option could someone make a plugin or something to do this?)

I could be wrong, but I believe it is user CP -> edit options -> "Put editor in source mode by default. " Enabling that setting allows the editor to function about the same way that the MyBB 1.6 editor does. That's still a per user setting though.
There is a board wide setting, but the setting also disables smilies so it isn't very useful for removing just the editor from the board.
(2014-09-10, 04:28 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]nooooooo.

You thought that was dead, didn't you? I'm gonna bring it back from the dead Smile.
(2014-09-11, 06:48 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-10, 04:28 PM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]nooooooo.

You thought that was dead, didn't you? I'm gonna bring it back from the dead Smile.

No that's not what I'm sad about. Click the link.

edit just saw your post. you know.
I like the new version but there are too many bugs at the moment and I don't think the upgrade method is perfect.
About 5. WYSIWYG... I don't have it, is it just my problem? Indeed I had to install an editor
(2014-09-11, 01:57 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong, but I believe it is user CP -> edit options -> "Put editor in source mode by default. " Enabling that setting allows the editor to function about the same way that the MyBB 1.6 editor does. That's still a per user setting though.

You are correct. It was under the UCP -> Edit Options.

Putting the editor into that mode basically reverts it. The only thing I noticed was that the video button in 1.8 if you highlight text then click the button won't surround that url with tags (it does nothing, unlike in 1.6).

But that's a relatively minor thing. Otherwise the source mode is exactly what I want. Though having it per user is likely for the best because while I hate wysiwyg, others may prefer it. And all I want is the option whether to use it or not.

So problem solved for me, thank you.
Pages: 1 2