MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A couple of issues with post reply to a post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Installed 1.8 a week a go and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I've noticed a couple of odd things happening when posting a reply to a specific post - the reply button with alt text of "Quote this reply in a reply"....

It seems that it generates a reply but the reply only contains the quoted text not the new text that I added.  Am I doing something wrong?

Also, not sure if it's related but, the Preview post button doesn't work.  In a similar way it drops my comment and just includes the quoted part in the preview.

Any ideas?

The same is happening on this forum - unless I'm being really thick...

Could someone else try and confirm please?
I don't really understand.
1. The alt/title text says "Quote this message in a reply" not "Quote this reply in a reply".
2. And it does what it says - it quotes the selected message. It doesn't include something you added in quick reply or somehwere
3. The preview works as expected too - it shows a preview of your current message.
Thanks for getting back to me.

1. You click the reply button on the post
2. This opens up a editable area titled "Post a New Reply"
3. The quote is displayed in this editable area
4. If I add anything else to this editable area it is excluded from the reply that gets posted

If this is normal behaviour then I think the confusion arises from the fact that the quote forms part of the edit box contents with users being allowed to add addition content to that editable area - which will in fact be ignored.

Can you see what I'm getting at?

BTW, if the additional content (that I add under the quote) in the reply is meant to be "dropped" then I agree that the Post Preview is working as designed.
(2014-09-05, 08:00 PM)broadsword Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see what I'm getting at?

No, sorry. I just used the Reply button, added my text below and it shows up in preview and new post.
(2014-09-05, 08:11 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]

No, sorry. I just used the Reply button, added my text below and it shows up in preview and new post.

The post above was a result of me clicking the reply button then added some text explaining my issue (just below the quote). You don't see the text - just the quote.

You can see the previous post because I used the "New reply" button not the reply button on the post. Evidenced by the HRs. Yours doesn't have the HRs

(2014-09-05, 07:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really understand.
1. The alt/title text says "Quote this message in a reply" not "Quote this reply in a reply".
2. And it does what it says - it quotes the selected message. It doesn't include something you added in quick reply or somehwere
3. The preview works as expected too - it shows a preview of your current message.

It seems to be IE. I've just done the same thing in Firefox and it worked.

(2014-09-05, 08:13 PM)broadsword Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-05, 08:11 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]

The post above was a result of me clicking the reply button then added some text explaining my issue (just below the quote). You don't see the text - just the quote.

You can see the previous post because I used the "New reply" button not the reply button on the post. Evidenced by the HRs. Yours doesn't have the HRs

(2014-09-05, 07:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really understand.

It seems to be IE. I've just done the same thing in Firefox and it worked.

Doesn't work in IE on two separate machines. One running IE11 (up to date) on Win8 the other IE11 (up to date) on Win7.

Hope that is of some use to you...
Thanks for more details. Should have mentioned at the beginning that you use IE - the only browser affected, of course...

Looks like it's a MyBB or SCEditor bug.
My fault then ;-)
What happens now? Do you log this as a fault somewhere?
I see in the github thread someone has put about a solution in the new reply template with some code - however it does not say whether the code is added or whether it replaces some that is already there - and where exactly it goes.

Can anyone clarify if that code does work and where it needs to be added?
(2014-10-09, 10:09 AM)sphinx Wrote: [ -> ]I see in the github thread someone has put about a solution in the new reply template with some code - however it does not say whether the code is added or whether it replaces some that is already there - and where exactly it goes.

Can anyone clarify if that code does work and where it needs to be added?

Yes, I want to know that to. Can we used that for a temporary fix until 1.8.1 is released?

What to do with that script? Add it (and if so, where) or replace something?

<form action="newreply.php?tid={$tid}&amp;processed=1" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="input" onclick="$('#message').sceditor('instance').updateOriginal();" >
Pages: 1 2