MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I stop automatic bots to join my live board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I guess that the best way to avoid spam is to moderate all new registerred users on your forums community.
They need to have their first 5 messages sent on the board moderated - if they pass all times, they become normal users.
(2014-09-28, 05:08 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that the best way to avoid spam is to moderate all new registerred users on your forums community.
They need to have their first 5 messages sent on the board moderated - if they pass all times, they become normal users.

Hello, can it be already done with new 1.8.0.0 release, please? Or should I need some extra plugin to achieve it, please?

Thanks
(2014-10-18, 12:20 AM)fastcooler Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-28, 05:08 AM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that the best way to avoid spam is to moderate all new registerred users on your forums community.

Hello, can it be already done with new 1.8.0.0 release, please? Or should I need some extra plugin to achieve it, please?

Thanks

You can do it via the group promotions system built into MyBB.
Fantastic! Thanks, I will update soon to 1.8.
(2014-10-18, 12:46 AM)fastcooler Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic! Thanks, I will update soon to 1.8.

Do not update to 1.8 now because it's too buggy. Wait for 1.8.2 to be released!
Sooo!?!?
I just installed this 1.8 version, the newest one, a clean install.
I need security plugins, where to search those? When I go to ACP and browse plugins there's not categories, would be great if there were.. now I just go through most of the plugins trying to find great ones on the way to looking around for security plugins. Meanwhile I may need close my forum registration so not 100000000000 bots registering..
(2014-11-02, 10:09 PM)Sozu Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo!?!?
I just installed this 1.8 version, the newest one, a clean install.
I need security plugins, where to search those? When I go to ACP and browse plugins there's not categories, would be great if there were.. now I just go through most of the plugins trying to find great ones on the way to looking around for security plugins. Meanwhile I may need close my forum registration so not 100000000000 bots registering..
You don't need additional plugins for anti-spam protection on 1.8.x - Just allow Security Questions, SFS , Hidden Captcha Field and Human Captcha at registration. Then you're safe from SPAM.
Pages: 1 2