MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Always English Language in Usergroups on WhoIsOnline List!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think I just found a new issue on 1.8.0! 
I translated all user groups names and titles on ACP but when I go to whoisonline list on index.php I always see Guests as "Guest" and not with my italian translation. 

I mean... I translated Guests for Usergroup as "Visitatori" and the user title as "Visitatore" but always see "Guest" instead as per official English Languiage translation in default. 

I didn't install any language pack for the moment, since Italian Language translation didn't officially come out yet!
^ they are from index.lang.php language file
It also occurs on the posts!
I always see the English Language titles instead of my translations.
(2014-09-05, 12:29 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ they are from index.lang.php language file
The weird thing is that I did everything in right way on the ACP. I never had this problem with any of 1.6.x versions serie.
It looks like on MyBB 1.8 edits never update cache.
@jpinside

Do you use 1.8.0 ACP build in language editor to translate ?
(2014-09-05, 02:06 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]@jpinside

Do you use ACP build in language editor in EditWith mode to translate ?
I went to ACP»Users & Groups»Edit
So I translated each of the usergroup as I used to do with 1.6 serie versions and always worked in the right way - Now it doesn't work at all! 
(2014-09-05, 02:09 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]I went to ACP»Users & Groups»Edit
So I translated each of the usergroup as I used to do with 1.6 serie versions and always worked in the right way - Now it doesn't work at all! 

@jpinside
Theyre not taken from Group names.
You must edit  variables guest, online_guest_singular, online_guest_plural ect in online.lang.php file.
(2014-09-05, 02:19 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]@jpinside
Theyre not taken from Group names.
You must edit  variables guest, online_guest_singular, online_guest_plural ect in online.lang.php file.
Weird because they were taken from Group names in 1.6.x serie versions, then why aren't they in 1.8?
(2014-09-05, 03:07 PM)jpninside Wrote: [ -> ]Weird because they were taken from Group names in 1.6.x serie versions, then why aren't they in 1.8?
Whos Online List does not show group's. It show usernames.
(2014-09-05, 03:34 PM)avril Wrote: [ -> ]Whos Online List does not show group's. It show usernames.
Yeah, that's also true but it shows "Guest" for Guests group while I wrote "Visitatore" - I should see Visitatore instead of the default Guest
As i said earlier, If you talk about online.php page you have to put 'Visitatore' in online.lang.php file.
As .m. said earlier, if you talk about statistics at bottom of index page you have to put 'Visitatore' in index.lang.php file.