MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple bugs after upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I would like to help the MyBB team with my bugs report.

I will state my experience when I upgraded from 1.6.15 to 1.8.0

The upgrade script was fine, however after it, the theme had missing css files like the css3.css that wasn't included. (I switched to default theme, on previous theme also happened)

I fixed it by reverting almost all the css files and then the css3.css magically apeared.
Now to templates, there too I used the feature Find Updated Templates in the ACP and reverted all of them to default.
After changing some templates this feature no longer works, and says: "There are currently no templates which have been updated since you last upgraded."
So I guess it's only useful right after the upgrade? This is such a waste. You should turn it to show all changed templates regardless of if an upgrade happened or not.

Now I've noticed that there are images that are "missing", and their location points to an image with gif extension and in the folder their location goes the same image exists but in the png extension.
Those images are the Smilies, which I changed them all to png and added the missing ones.
And the Post Icons and did the same as above.
Also the Groups Image.

Security question got turned on automatically in settings.

The Admin Control Panel Theme, I had to change it to default one.

"Show Theme Selector in Footer" turned on automatically too.

Also a warning begun showing there are X number of unactivated users on your forum click to activate them, had to change the templtate and remove that var.

Now time for another bugs:

1 manually loaded template on every single page called "global_awaiting_activation"

On "Board Statistics" page Write Query "REPLACE INTO datacache SET" is being executed everytime although on settings

"Statistics Cache Time" is set to 0 (disable)

Also had to change Admin Permissions to enable the use of Security Questions...

I see a query of SELECT name, tid, properties, stylesheets FROM themes WHERE tid = '5' LIMIT 1
I thought someone said you will remove that query and instead use the cache in 1.8...?

And just a question, the query that gets the templates from the database has "AND sid IN ('-2','-1','3')"
Does it also take the templates that aren't for the specific theme that is needed? If so why...

Another bug found. IPv6 IPs stopped showing and instead cloudflare IPs are showing.

The bug is in get_ip()

where $val = trim($val);

should be $val = strtolower(trim($val));
Bump. Added another bug!
plz not put more than one issue in one thread here...
create another thread...
(2014-09-08, 09:52 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]plz not put more than one issue in one thread here...
create another thread...

Is it necessary?
Why should I make 3 threads...
We can't push threads containing multiple issues. It would require us to fix and test all issues together which is against our workflow.
Okay I'm creating the threads now
I'm having pretty much all the same problems.

Where are the new threads?
IPv6 bug can be fixed easily, but we have to wait until mybb team pish this to github... pull request with fix is not a problem
All of this issues are either pushed already or seperated so marking this as duplicate.