MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to enable stopforumspam new feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I noticed that you guys added stopforumspam as a new feature in 1.8?  Where do I go to enable it?

Thanks!
ACP -> Configuration -> Stop Forum Spam (setting category) -> Check Registrations Against StopForumSpam.com? / Check Guest Contact Submissions Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Replies Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Threads Against StopForumSpam? -> set any of these to Yes and Save.
(2014-09-05, 09:47 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Configuration -> Stop Forum Spam (setting category) -> Check Registrations Against StopForumSpam.com? / Check Guest Contact Submissions Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Replies Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Threads Against StopForumSpam? -> set any of these to Yes and Save.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see stop forum spam anywhere in the settings page.
(2014-09-05, 11:22 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-05, 09:47 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Configuration -> Stop Forum Spam (setting category) -> Check Registrations Against StopForumSpam.com? / Check Guest Contact Submissions Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Replies Against StopForumSpam? / Check Guest Threads Against StopForumSpam? -> set any of these to Yes and Save.

And you're definitely using MyBB 1.8?
(2014-09-06, 12:41 AM)cronhound Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-05, 11:22 PM)Misfire Wrote: [ -> ]

And you're definitely using MyBB 1.8?

Yeah, just upgraded to use it.

I wonder if its because I had the plugin version installed back in 1.6?

[Image: 44cHMAG.png]
Did you disable all plugins before upgrade as advised? You should have at least done it with plugins which were implemented to 1.8 core, otherwise I'm not wondering this happened...

Try rebuilding the settings in ACP -> Tools & Maintenance -> Cache Manager -> Rebuild All or just settings. If that doesn't work, you will have to insert the SFS settings to the database manually.
Yeah, I didn't disable the plugins Sad

Not sure how I would insert the SFS settings manually?
I'm not the OP, but I have this problem as well and I definitely did disable the old plugin before upgrade as I did with ALL of my plugins.  Can someone point me to the queries to run to insert the SFS settings or either what needs to be added via the ACP itself.  I'd prefer to do it direct via a query or two, but whatever gets me to the goal of having this working.

Just as reference, I do have the mybb_spamlog table present and the spam log also exists from the ACP. Also, the Purce spammer setting are in place and have the option for the SFS API key...I just don't have the SFS specific settings section.

One more bit of info, I just checked and I have the settings in the DB...just not in the ACP...

Sorry, hate to keep bumping this thread, but after I dug around for a bit, I was able to tell that everything except for the setting group existed. I found the XML that created the group and the settings and just manually inserted the settings group into my DB and all the setting were there.
(2014-09-12, 01:51 PM)BLWedge09 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not the OP, but I have this problem as well and I definitely did disable the old plugin before upgrade as I did with ALL of my plugins.  Can someone point me to the queries to run to insert the SFS settings or either what needs to be added via the ACP itself.  I'd prefer to do it direct via a query or two, but whatever gets me to the goal of having this working.

Just as reference, I do have the mybb_spamlog table present and the spam log also exists from the ACP.  Also, the Purce spammer setting are in place and have the option for the SFS API key...I just don't have the SFS specific settings section.

One more bit of info, I just checked and I have the settings in the DB...just not in the ACP...

Sorry, hate to keep bumping this thread, but after I dug around for a bit, I was able to tell that everything except for the setting group existed.  I found the XML that created the group and the settings and just manually inserted the settings group into my DB and all the setting were there.

Can you show me how to do that? I think it would help others who have this problem too Smile
I run into the same problem and it was relatively easy to fix.

First you need to add the settings group which was probably deleted. This can be done via the ACP:
Open ACP -> Configuration -> Add New Setting Group (a tab the top)
name="stopforumspam"
title="Stop Forum Spam"
description="This section allows you to change the settings used for the integration with StopForumSpam.com"
disporder="27"

Then you should add the particular settings, but when I tried that, it reported an error that they are already present. That will save time Smile
So you need to modify the database. Open the mybb_settings table and search for "enablestopforumspam_on_register" and other settings. They should be present. Notice their "gid" value, in my case it was 23. Now open the mybb_settinggroups table and locate the "stopforumspam" row. Change its gid to the gid found in the mybb_settings table (23 in my case). You should also change the isdefault to 1.

Now you should have all settings back.