MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global Option to make the Editor in Source Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@martec - the database says default 0... but the code that is used to verify this option and to define a default value uses the default value 1...

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...r.php#L652
(2014-09-06, 10:17 PM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]@martec - the database says default 0... but the code that is used to verify this option and to define a default value uses the default value 1...

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/featur...r.php#L652

lol...
my mistake when i made PR of this... lol... Sad
and this cause inconsistency...
default setting to existing users in WYSIWYG (when update from 1.6) and new user in source, is not something consistent...
really sorry...
Open codebuttons template and find;
MyBBEditor = $("#{$bind}").sceditor("instance");
Replace;
MyBBEditor.sourceMode(true);
(2014-09-07, 02:37 AM)TakaharaShujin Wrote: [ -> ]Open codebuttons template and find;
Replace;
MyBBEditor.sourceMode(true);

if put code above, need remove {$sourcemode} ...
if not will result in duplicate string...
Yep, WYSIWYG is mostly annoying.
(2014-09-07, 02:12 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]default setting to existing users in WYSIWYG (when update from 1.6) and new user in source, is not something consistent...
really sorry...

So this clears up my confusion. There should be an option to globally set the default mode for all users (both new & existing).

(2014-09-07, 06:09 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, WYSIWYG is mostly annoying.

Exactly. Toungue
(2014-09-07, 06:29 AM)ThePanda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-07, 02:12 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]default setting to existing users in WYSIWYG (when update from 1.6) and new user in source, is not something consistent...
really sorry...

So this clears up my confusion. There should be an option to globally set the default mode for all users (both new & existing).

i'm against to change this setting to UCP to ACP.
users need to have that freedom of choice...

and @TakaharaShujin trick put all users to source mode.
I think what he meant is to add a setting in the ACP that sets the default, not to override the users's one.

I do agree with this and see no issues with it.
(2014-09-07, 06:40 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]i'm against to change this setting to UCP to ACP.
users need to have that freedom of choice...
(2014-09-07, 07:45 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I think what he meant is to add a setting in the ACP that sets the default, not to override the users's one.

I do agree with this and see no issues with it.

@martec This is what I meant. And yes, I also want users to have the freedom of choice. Smile

(2014-09-07, 07:49 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]See [Issue #1393].

Thank you very much for adding this issue to github. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3