MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: my Database Configuration is ERROR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I am newbie to web setting. I really want to make a forum website. I have read the tutorial to download and upload MyBB to my website. But I don't know what to do in the "permission " step.
But finally I keep download and upload the MyBB software. But then, when I want to install it, the database configuration got error. I don't know what to do?
Do I need to delete the software and upload it again?
Can someone please help me to upload it again and help me in the permission stage?
what should I do?
database requires a user and that user requires permissions to access & modify the database.
this needs to be done from web host control panel. do you have c-panel as the web host panel ?

Edit: here is c-panel guidance => database user privileges . select all privileges & save the settings (Go button)
(2014-09-06, 05:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]database requires a user and that user requires permissions to access & modify the database.
this needs to be done from web host control panel. do you have c-panel as the web host panel ?

Edit: here is c-panel guidance => database user privileges . select all privileges & save the settings (Go button)

Yes, i have Cpanel. I will try your advice.

(2014-09-06, 05:34 AM)vina88 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='.m.' pid='1099830' dateline='1409979995']
database requires a user and that user requires permissions to access & modify the database.

I have tried what you said, but it still error.
There are words like this:

" Could not connect to the database server at 'Hostgator' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?"

I am sure that I have typed the correct data
what should I do?

(2014-09-06, 05:34 AM)vina88 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='.m.' pid='1099830' dateline='1409979995']

Dear friend, thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.