MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggest Sticky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically what would be nice is a way to add a pin icon to the top right of the postbit of 1st thread post to be able to suggest a sticky of the thread, that would add a +1 value, no user can suggest same thread more than once, and have it so that after 10+ pin suggest the system auto stickies the thread, and a system to also unstick all threads at a certain time./

Reason for this is i am going to be running a single forum conspiracy site and the content will be thick and fast and thus a system like this would really help curating it.

Im not sure if this is something that is possible but i would live to at least get some idea how to get this made, I would be willing to pay if anyone can do it.
(2014-09-06, 02:34 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]Basically what would be nice is a way to add a pin icon to the top right of the postbit of 1st thread post to be able to suggest a sticky of the thread, that would add a +1 value, no user can suggest same thread more than once, and have it so that after 10+ pin suggest the system auto stickies the thread, and a system to also unstick all threads at a certain time./

Reason for this is i am going to be running a single forum conspiracy site and the content will be thick and fast and thus a system like this would really help curating it.

Im not sure if this is something that is possible but i would live to at least get some idea how to get this made, I would be willing to pay if anyone can do it.

no one?
I've started developing this.
(2014-09-13, 09:05 PM)Fearghal Wrote: [ -> ]I've started developing this.

Do let me know how you get on, i would love to grab this at some point, if that would be ok.
Fear has fallen off the radar, and i have not heard from him, so is anyone else willing to take this plugin on?
(2014-09-06, 02:34 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure if this is something that is possible but i would live to at least get some idea how to get this made, I would be willing to pay if anyone can do it.

This would be very easy to do. I'd offer to make this for you but I am way too busy. If you're a forum owner in general I would suggest that you get familiar with PHP and MySQL so you can understand what runs your site and how to do your own custom modifications.
(2014-11-05, 10:27 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-06, 02:34 PM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure if this is something that is possible but i would live to at least get some idea how to get this made, I would be willing to pay if anyone can do it.

This would be very easy to do. I'd offer to make this for you but I am way too busy. If you're a forum owner in general I would suggest that you get familiar with PHP and MySQL so you can understand what runs your site and how to do your own custom modifications.

Im not the owner tbh my friend is, but i have been doing everything from scratch for her and i've learned a lot in the process, but plugin creation is just beyond me.

shame you are to busy though Sad
(2014-11-06, 04:18 AM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]

Im not the owner tbh my friend is, but i have been doing everything from scratch for her and i've learned a lot in the process, but plugin creation is just beyond me.

Why would you pay to have a plugin made for a forum you don't own?
(2014-11-06, 11:36 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-06, 04:18 AM)dmpops22 Wrote: [ -> ]

Why would you pay to have a plugin made for a forum you don't own?

I was not paying, It was so basic no one seems to want to charge for it, But i would if need be because the forum is a passion/hangout for many people, and every improvement is worth it.
I AM STILL NEEDING THIS - I am willing to pool my own funds to try and get this done if need be, but i have no idea what it would cost.