MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShoutBox doens't work on MyBB 1.8.0?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guys.
I need help.
I get this error:
This add-in does not work with MyBB 1.8.0
HEeeeelp?
It's not supposed to work on 1.8...
Just wait until it's upgraded. MyBB 1.8 came out 5 days ago, why the rush? Big Grin
I actually don't plan to update it. I have a re-write on my todo list.
If you want, I've posted a modified version of the Inferno Shoutbox that works on 1.8, it's fairly similar to MyShoutbox.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1100105
Working fix for MyShoutBox on MyBB 1.8

If you are using Mybb 1.8 and later you will see first that the Myshoutbox plugin is incompatible with this version if you try to install it.

To change that you need to open the file called myshoutbox.php from /inc/plugins directory and add to around line 49 in my case, the number 18* to look like this:

'compatibility' => '14*,15*,16*,18*',

Save the file and upload it to your server.

After that go to plugins in you ACP and install and activate the plugin.

The shoutbox window will appear on your forum index but you will see that is showing you the text "Loading" and you can't shout anything. This is happening because Myshoutbox is using prototype.js a library that was replaced with jquery in Mybb 1.8.

Create a file called prototype.js, open it in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ go to this link and copy everything from that page into your file and save.

Upload prototype.js file to jscripts directory from your server.

Now you need to include this script to your template. Go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> "Your Theme" Templates  -> Ungrouped Templates  -> headerinclude

In this file add this code under the ones with jquery script:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/prototype.js"></script>

Save the changes and go to your forum index and refresh the page.

If you want to move the shoutbox upper in you forum index page you must go to Index Page Templates -> index  and move this code:

{myshoutbox_abcd}
below
{$header}

You can see MyShoutbox 1.7 working on mybb 1.8 here.

Leave a reply and tell me if is working for you to.
(2014-10-24, 06:31 PM)gabri-el Wrote: [ -> ]The shoutbox window will appear on your forum index but you will see that is showing you the text "Loading" and you can't shout anything. This is happening because Myshoutbox is using prototype.js a library that was replaced with jquery in Mybb 1.8.

Create a file called prototype.js, open it in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++ go to this link and copy everything from that page into your file and save.

Upload prototype.js file to jscripts directory from your server.

Now you need to include this script to your template. Go to ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> "Your Theme" Templates  -> Ungrouped Templates  -> headerinclude

In this file add this code under the ones with jquery script:

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/prototype.js"></script>

Save the changes and go to your forum index and refresh the page.

Thank you for this fix, worked like a charm! Smile EDIT: I see this causes collapse buttons and other jQuery features to not work, fix for that?

I much prefer this shoutbox than DVZ. Pirata, I hope that rewrite comes sooner than later!
headerinclude template not in the code. Buttons editor will be lost.
./jscripts/prototype.js conflict happens.

Global Templates > mysb_shoutbox Add into the..

(2014-10-29, 09:21 PM)SeNCeR Wrote: [ -> ]headerinclude template not in the code. Buttons editor will be lost.
./jscripts/prototype.js conflict happens.

Global Templates > mysb_shoutbox Add into the..

Unfortunately that doesn't fix the buttons. Shoutbox still works, though.
Pages: 1 2 3