MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to download the new default theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To make a long story short my host decided it was time for me to upgrade to MyBBB 1.8 a couple of nights ago.  When I checked in on my board the next day the default theme was a mix of the old default theme and the new one.  I tried downloading one of the (3) free themes currently available, but they just aren't suitable for my traffic and are buggy.  Is there anywhere I can download the new default theme and install it so I at least have something functional for most of my users?
There are 2 ways to do it:

ACP -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Create New Theme -> set Parent Theme to MyBB Master Style and confirm
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Add Set with any name and confirm

Then open the theme you created earlier and change the Template Set to the template set you created too.

This will recreate the default theme.

You can also download the 1.8 package, find install/resources/mybb_theme.xml and import it in ACP. Never tried that but it should work just fine.
But first open that file with a text editor such as Notepad++ and change the first:
name="MyBB Master Style"
to:
name="MyBB Default Theme 2"
or anything that isn't taken.
(2014-09-06, 11:53 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]There are 2 ways to do it:

ACP -> Templates & Style -> Themes -> Create New Theme -> set Parent Theme to MyBB Master Style and confirm
ACP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> Add Set with any name and confirm

Then open the theme you created earlier and change the Template Set to the template set you created too.

This will recreate the default theme.

Thank you sooo much!!

The upgrade from 1.6.x to 1.8 destroyed my (unchanged except for logo) template as all the icons vanished and css got mucked up. even a "find changes to template" and "revert" didn't work (actually made it worse), but your solution above solved everything for me.

So once again, thank you, Destroy666! Big Grin
Thanks man.
It helped a lot.
How do I get the colors on the theme? I see the file but there are no colors on the default theme to use.
Did you use the 1st or 2nd method? It won't with the 2nd because colors are in another .xml for some reason, not sure about the 1st.
the second, because I cannot load the 1st. then I tried the 1st and still no colors, Oh well
I created an issue for this: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2365 but I tihnk it's too late to fix it easily.