MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme update concerns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I going to have to wait for the next update to come out for me to have a properly working site? Because I have been working on this now for over 24 hours.... I have tons of glitches that I can't seem to fix. Sad

I still have a messed up front page....

Supposed to look like...
[Image: 8fa901c5-4dea-4b79-b9bf-d23f7a90e134_zps...1409987857]

Actually looks like....
[Image: cb1e003e-80c1-467f-b9ae-720831b4fbeb_zps...1409988078]

I still am missing buttons....

Supposed to look like....
[Image: 481f4d23-934c-4b1b-abaa-2508885b2222_zps...1409994779]

Actually looks like...
[Image: 18be65df-50ee-4668-9fd0-2a08aae1a327_zps...1409994849]

And the newest one I found...

I'm missing all of my post icons....

[Image: Capture_zpsfae525da.png]

So I was wondering.... When is the next 1.8 version going to be released so I have a site that doesn't look like an unfinished house? 

I've tried using the default, and working back from there, the default theme is missing the same elements... And as if that wasn't bad enough... So is the master theme.... I don't know how to fix it, I've been trying to fix it with the theme edit. I've had my board shut down all day yesterday trying to upload the site, over, and over, and over again to get a fresh look, thinking maybe it uploaded wrong, but nothing seems to be working. Sad

I have also tried to go back to version 1.6.14 using my back up that I created, but it didn't work either. It kept giving me error messages so I finally gave up on trying that. 

I'm sorry if this seems crude, but for as long as your staff spent working on 1.8.... It's still buggy.

Here's the link to the site if anyone wishes to see what I'm dealing with.... 

http://legendofthelands.com/

EDIT: Managed to find how to fix the images, apparently they loaded in png and should be gif.
Next update won't fix your theme either... It's up to you to update the templates and stylesheets and upload the images correctly - we gave you advices about doing it. Either that or you can:
- ask someone to do it for you (I doubt it will be for free since it takes some time, PM me if you want it for a low price)
- use the default 1.8 theme or anything else compatible with 1.8: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
- revert to 1.6.x using a backup. If the backup is made properly, there should be no errors.
(2014-09-07, 04:14 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Next update won't fix your theme either... It's up to you to update the templates and stylesheets and upload the images correctly - we gave you advices about doing it. Either that or you can:
- ask someone to do it for you (I doubt it will be for free since it takes some time, PM me if you want it for a low price)
- use the default 1.8 theme or anything else compatible with 1.8: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
- revert to 1.6.x using a backup. If the backup is made properly, there should be no errors.

I am using the default theme.  Undecided
I am having the post icons being missing as well using the default theme, even after creating the default theme new. But my smilies work just fine, and my images have all been uploaded correctly. For me I am wondering if it has more to do with a bad nginx configuration, but this search resulted in me seeing it isn't just me.

@Snickerz what happens when you navigate to the url of the missing images?
Can you post the URL of the missing images? I have a feeling the templates haven't been reverted and are still pointing to the old .gif images when the new ones are .png.
(2014-09-08, 03:18 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the URL of the missing images? I have a feeling the templates haven't been reverted and are still pointing to the old .gif images when the new ones are .png.

After looking, this is definitely my problem so it wouldn't surprise me if it is also Snickerz problem.  Is there an easy way to fix it? 
Should be. Can you check ACP > Configuration > Post Icons? See what the paths are listed as and make sure the images exist at those paths. Here's a sample of the default ones:

[Image: d4Rpol1.png]

[Image: onUVflr.png]
(2014-09-08, 03:54 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Should be. Can you check ACP > Configuration > Post Icons? See what the paths are listed as and make sure the images exist at those paths. Here's a sample of the default ones:

They were all gif, so I deleted them and did a mass icon add using the icon directory.  They great for me now. Thanks!  
No problem, glad that helped. Was this an upgrade from 1.6? if so, the old files should still have been there unless you deleted them manually.
@snickerz: Can you send details of a test account for the post button issues? AT the minute I can't access your site at all though:

[Image: i8N6wyY.png]