MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: jQuery color picker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2016-11-20, 12:23 AM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]I have added this (from first post), but now the mybb wysiwyg editor doesn't appear. How can i fix that?

Nvm. The solution was to remove this:

"<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/picker/js/jquery.min.js"></script>" from headerinclude

and

jQuery.noConflict();   from skin.js

aaah, cool.., glad you clarified first post as in first post overall.., as I was wondering if you meant my first reply..., as that issue is not present in either of the instructions nor the themes provided in either of the 2 instructional posts I provided..., as I was just now installing them on my android localhost via tablet to make sure the issue you mentioned was not related to my replys..., haha, cool beans, glad you got it all sorted out. Smile
How come this isn't working on mobile?
(2016-11-20, 01:52 AM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]How come this isn't working on mobile?

Was just getting to that..., I haven't updated the downloads yet as I am away from a laptop..., but here, replace these with yours and it will be touch friendly....
[attachment=37838] * change to reflect your links as it is setup for the theme I released above and I havent yet added it to the package.
[attachment=37839]

* NOTE: I will update the download packages above as soon as I can get a charge on my laptop..., currently away from any sort of electrical plug...

Example of it working with the new files on my android tablet localhost:
[Image: 98vr14.png]
I have updated the js, but that didn't change anything or maybe it did, i think the picker is now useable on mobile.

After updating css (adjusted img links), it looked like this on desktop version:
[Image: 1543bb8757534ae58b1beb9bd436743d.png]
I changed it back after that.

On mobile its like this for me: If i click on the icon, a huge white page appears to the right with the color picker box which is useable, like you can change color, but the colors chosen from desktop aren't saved on mobile ( i guess thats not possible to do since its saving with cookies,?). See ss below:

[Image: b9c1546f19da4fb48a85436ef647803f.png]
Hmm, strange not having that issue but I also placed the icon in the lower user panel on the left...., Anywhoo have you tried changing this in cp.css?

.colorpicker {
/* position: absolute; */
   position: fixed;
}

Also you might want play with margins since you placed it on the right? And if the link span has the incorrect image path it will obviously not display the icon.

Anywhoo, I am currently traveling on my bike and have absolutely no charge on my laptop or android devices ( posting with iOS device ) to check things currently for you and due to the current rain I will have to wait til it stops to use my solar panels for a charge. I will look at this further for sure when I get a charged laptop.
(2016-11-20, 10:21 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, strange not having that issue but I also placed the icon in the lower user panel on the left...., Anywhoo have you tried changing this in cp.css?

.colorpicker {
/* position: absolute; */
   position: fixed;
}

Also you might want play with margins since you placed it on the right? And if the link span has the incorrect image path it will obviously not display the icon.

Anywhoo, I am currently traveling on my bike and have absolutely no charge on my laptop or android devices ( posting with iOS device ) to check things currently for you and due to the current rain I will have to wait til it stops to use my solar panels for a charge. I will look at this further for sure when I get a charged laptop.

Oh, you seems to be such nice person to still want to help, despite having circumstances everyone else probably wouldn't even look in here anymore.

So i changed "absolute" to "fixed" and that has fixed the issue with the white page, thanks for that. Smile
But i noticed that i can't move the cursor inside of the color box, Before i could move it like from the white to black, but not to the right xD, now it doesn't work at all, just with the "manual code enter".

If you can't help at the moment, don't inconvenience yourself. Smile Thanks.
Firefox for android huh? Just noticed, though on chrome android currently working.., will look at it further soon.
I am using opera, but chrome and opera should be pretty similar.
Haven't had much time to look at this.., as far as the mobile issues..., currently only had time to clean up the theme packages of excess files (as there is alot of un-needed crap included in the original tutorial that can be removed as this was actually originally for ipboard as you can tell from the skin source and there are excess colorpicker files that also can be removed *just did that and such repackaged ) for now it works on my android with chrome..., like I said I will look into your mentioned issues about some mobile browser issues and NaN etc and further when I get a chance..., I also have a few other colorpickers in mind that may be even more suitable for such further mobile interest..., will get around to that soon hopefully.

A quickly slightly cleaned up theme package from earlier..., now with both themes included in it..., install colorize1-theme.xml for non background include..., install colorize2-theme.xml for background include.
* NOTE: I claim no perfection on these and they were quickly done with the limited time I had..., will continue further when I get a chance.

[attachment=37843]

Example 1:
[Image: 27x42ol.png]

Example 2:
[Image: fo3xi0.png]
The thing is just, i don't want to use a complete new theme.

I've updated the skin.js from your most recent colorize dev, but i still have issues, like sometimes the box won't appear at all (was happening before too) and still the issue that i can't move the cursor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7