MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: jQuery color picker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2020-02-16, 07:34 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-16, 09:43 AM)sappy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 04:55 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-09, 08:32 AM)sappy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-11-21, 08:36 PM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: [ -> ]This was posted in reference to the end "note" of https://community.mybb.com/thread-158934...pid1253006

Any plan to make this into a plugin as your plugins are awesome Big Grin

AsI have not looked at this since 2016, I will have to look at it again when I find the free tine to do so, though I had not planned on making it into a plug nor am I sure that that will change, I will add it to my things to re-look at in the futere "to do" list if and or when my limited free time allows. Smile

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1158

There is already a color picker, the only problem i was facing was the skin.js disabled other forum functions such as sce editor, and jquery/js forum functions.

Hmm, interesting, I don't currently have the free time to try out this plugin nor look into this further but two things I notice right away..,

This should not be in functions.php as it has been mentioned here already in previous posts loading jquery a second time is not needed as mybb has it already...

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings[\'bburl\']}/js/jquery.min.js"></script>

Also as mentioned here in previous posts this should not be in skin.js

jQuery.noConflict();

* just those two issues removed, let me know if that sorts it out for you as I didn't have the free time to try the plugin.

Also I notice this plugin is rather limited on what it changes in comparison to the variants I shared in the past also it does not allow touch selection on mobile and also there is a bit of hardcoded text that could be localized as that is sorta a pet peeve of mine lol so if I find some free time I may look into this and modify it with things I provided here in this thread in the past because we already know they work... but not sure if and or when I may find the free time to do so...
This works perfectly with no issues as far. For those who need to need to add some extra CSS you can add it to the skin.css.php
echo ".css-example
{ 
    color: $color !important; 
}";
(2020-02-17, 04:09 PM)sappy Wrote: [ -> ]This works perfectly with no issues as far. For those who need to need to add some extra CSS you can add it to the skin.css.php

Cool beans, glad you got it sorted out.  Cool
[/quote]
Would be great if you optimize this version or your own version If you get time to use the potential of CDN which uses CSS in-built rather than skin.css.php as it not cached by CDN, that would be awesome .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7