MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with Singaure Display and template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

So sorry, i am very new to this forum and i know nothing about php hope someone can help me

i just upgrade to v1.8, and i notice that the new signature part is now have a dotted line, compare to the old one of a 1/2 black horizon line. Can i know how am i able to change back to the old setting?

2nd: How can i display Disclaimer, it seems like the new version have some issue with the old method.  In v1.6, i edit my Disclaimer by the following "right after "End powered by". But now it is not working.

Templates & Style >> Templates >> Footer Templates >> footer
Right after

<!-- End powered by -->

<br />
Disclaimer: xxxxxForum.com is not affiliated to xyz company. It is a purely fan-made website.
<br />
<br class="clear" />
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}
</div>
</div>

3rd: How am i able to upload new template? Sorry for asking such a noob question.
installing new theme is same as earlier version (MyBB 1.6) - see this guidance

for the signature , below style is used in the default theme (global.css around line 1175)
.post_content .signature {
	margin-top: 5px;
	border-top: 1px dotted #ddd;
	padding: 10px 0 4px 0;
}
you can modify it as required

for the disclaimer added in the footer,
not sure why it is not shown! try again by adding your code after <!-- End powered by --> </span>

can we have your forum url ..
Hi .m.

thanks you for the fast reply, i will edit my forum soon when i got the time, yes i have pm you my forum url. i not sure will it help

.post_content .signature {
    margin-top: 5px;
    padding: 10px 0 4px 0;
} 

how can i edit to the old format of the black horizon line?

i try, #AAA, #222, #555.... not able to change the color
or have the short horizon line
am i doing something?

For the disclaimer, i manage to make it to work
for some reason, need to used a fresh v1.8 template.
the old template which i upgrade from v1.6 dont work.

href="http://www.mybb.com" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a>.
				<!-- End powered by -->
			</span>
          <br>
          Disclaimer: xxxxxForum.com is not affiliated to xyz company. It is a purely fan-made website.
		</div>

Update.......

For some reason, in this v1.8 there are no more option for me to choose avatar from /images/avatars/
There used to have a gallery, but after this update there are no such option Sad
If you want only a short line, I don't think it can be done with border-top.

Add <hr style="width: 100px;" /> at the top of postbit_signature template.

As for images gallery, it was deleted in 1.8, but you can use this plugin instead: http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=26 Also, please post another, irrelevant to the subject questions in new thread(s).
Dear all, for the help.  I manage to fix my issue..

1) For the old style of the signature.... i have add the following code to postbit_signature
<hr style="width: 300px;" align="Left" />

2) Disclaimer problem, after many try a error, i found out that, after a upgrade from v1.6 to v1.8 the default template have some how corrupted. I have to import the template from a fresh v1.8 forum setup

Btw, is there a default template where i can official download, other then i have to do a fresh setup again.

3) Template upload, I manage to found out how to do it.

Last: I think i also know what also be the cause of the issue, as i upgrade using Softaculous. Maybe there some small issue or missing/corrupted file
So much for 0% worry free installation using Softaculous lol
you can run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to see
if there are any missing / changed files. focus is on php & js files. ignore files from install folder.

regarding the default theme, you can follow this guidance
Upgrade your theme. It will fix your all issues.