MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion [ Long List ]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A short HI here, I am new, but I have some knowledge based on forum system [ I didn't mention that I am good ]

I have joined my friend forum which is recently switched from phpBB 2 to the latest MyBB.

I am really proud of my friend as he chose MyBB as it is really look-alike vBulletin. A good news for user who don't want to spend much money on their website. Really GOOD!!!

Although it is good, but nothing is perfect like I said.

I have some suggestion here.
Style
1) The "Text Size" Option change to number, the one as in the Words.
2) Add simple statistic when the "Board Statistic" is collapsed
3) Move the rating option to beside Thread's Subject.
- Here is some more suggestion, add a bar under the Topic's Name, the bar include the style of the thread, rating, and more options.
- Rating style can be changed to 5 stars, for instant : [ Rating : ***** ]
And user just click on the stars, depends on which one, like I click the 3rd one, and it will be rated as average. Or a drop down menu will be useful too.
4) Make Poll and Attachment as 2 new option that can be collapse and expand, as default, the are collapsed.
5) A new bar to have links, good with drop down menu that make links tidy and clean.
6) Add editor to quick reply and quick edit.

Features
1) Allow admin to edit the number of attachment allow in one time.
2) Make attaching AJAX, so that member can write the content and upload in the same time.
3) Add attachment feature allowed in Private Message.
4) WYSIWYG editor ( which was requested before )
5) Click one the button of certain forum to make all post as read. ( AJAX would be good )
6) Add image set editor in Admin CP.
7) Add information such as the size and the file size in thumbnail.
8) Image uploaded can be resize in the same post without pop-up.
9) Add subscription option so that member can track their topic.

That's all I can think of. Sorry if I am long winded.
Well you have said a lot here...

-This already happens. Try [*size=10]Hello[/size] (without the * of course)

- I think it should stay where it is, but you can do this with a simple template change.

Rating style can be changed to 5 stars, for instant : [ Rating : ***** ]
And user just click on the stars, depends on which one, like I click the 3rd one, and it will be rated as average. Or a drop down menu will be useful too.
- Do you mean like a YouTube style rating system? Because I think that would be a good addition.

5) A new bar to have links, good with drop down menu that make links tidy and clean.
-I think the links are already tidy...and it's not like there are hundreds of them.

-Like many people have said before...this is not the point of a "quick" reply / edit.

Features
It's at the bottom of the topic...
Well you have said a lot here...

-This already happens. Try [*size=10]Hello[/size] (without the * of course)
For Newbie, they will not know

- I think it should stay where it is, but you can do this with a simple template change.
Fine

Rating style can be changed to 5 stars, for instant : [ Rating : ***** ]
- Do you mean like a YouTube style rating system? Because I think that would be a good addition.
Yes. IPB 2.2 style too

-I think the links are already tidy...and it's not like there are hundreds of them.
I mean like how IPB and vB did. All the things at the top and with drop down. It make things easy and fast.

-Like many people have said before...this is not the point of a "quick" reply / edit.
No, add some of it only, quick reply doesn't mean it is really quick on posting, but quick on loading, at least you dont need to load a new page. Adding some will really make it fast, as you can bold, italize.

Not feature like uploading. It is too simple like what it have now.

Features
It's at the bottom of the topic...
Oh well, but it would be good to put it on top. See, I can't even find it, unless you tell me.
Most of your suggestions are good and do need thinking about, but the point of the Quick Edit / Reply is to load fast as you said. Putting javascript buttons is not going to make it load fast, and if people want to have bold / italic they are going to want to go the whole way.

The purpose of the Quick Reply / Edit is to make unformatted posts / updates very quickly. So just typing a few sentences without any fancy effects. If you want to do formatting use the full version of the reply...or learn the tags and just type them into the quick reply (which is what I do).
Most of these either exist, are coming, or you can easily do yourself.

You only need to familiarize yourself with mybb more.

Mods are fairly easy to make for mybb.
monky91 Wrote:6) Add editor to quick reply and quick edit.
It wouldn't be "quick" if you added the editor to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has to wait for the editor to load for a second or two before it shows on the new reply page - if we added it to the quick edit, it would take much longer to load; it would no longer be as "quick." If you want the full editor, go to the "Full Edit" page.

monky91 Wrote:1) Allow admin to edit the number of attachment allow in one time.
What do you mean by this? You can already limit the number of attachments per post.

monky91 Wrote:2) Make attaching AJAX, so that member can write the content and upload in the same time.
I think this would be nice, but it probably won't come until 2.0 Smile

monky91 Wrote:3) Add attachment feature allowed in Private Message.
I think this would be a nice addition as well.

monky91 Wrote:4) WYSIWYG editor ( which was requested before )
And as it has been requested before, it has also been said that it will be included at some point in the future - when that point will be we are unsure of, though.

monky91 Wrote:5) Click one the button of certain forum to make all post as read. ( AJAX would be good )
You can do this already on the forum page - "Mark this forum as read" - it's right up there at the top. Smile

monky91 Wrote:6) Add image set editor in Admin CP.
I think this would be very nifty, but it probably won't come until 2.0 because it would require the changing of a lot of templates.

monky91 Wrote:7) Add information such as the size and the file size in thumbnail.
Hmm... might be nifty, or it could come up when you hover over it. You know you just said add the "size and file size" though, which is the same thing Toungue

monky91 Wrote:8) Image uploaded can be resize in the same post without pop-up.
What?
monky91 Wrote:A short HI here, I am new, but I have some knowledge based on forum system [ I didn't mention that I am good ]

I have joined my friend forum which is recently switched from phpBB 2 to the latest MyBB.

I am really proud of my friend as he chose MyBB as it is really look-alike vBulletin. A good news for user who don't want to spend much money on their website. Really GOOD!!!

Although it is good, but nothing is perfect like I said.

I have some suggestion here.
Style
2) Add simple statistic when the "Board Statistic" is collapsed
- Here is some more suggestion, add a bar under the Topic's Name, the bar include the style of the thread, rating, and more options.
- Rating style can be changed to 5 stars, for instant : [ Rating : ***** ]
4) Make Poll and Attachment as 2 new option that can be collapse and expand, as default, the are collapsed.

Features
1) Allow admin to edit the number of attachment allow in one time.
2) Make attaching AJAX, so that member can write the content and upload in the same time.
3) Add attachment feature allowed in Private Message.
4) WYSIWYG editor ( which was requested before )
5) Click one the button of certain forum to make all post as read. ( AJAX would be good )
6) Add image set editor in Admin CP.
7) Add information such as the size and the file size in thumbnail.
8) Image uploaded can be resize in the same post without pop-up.

That's all I can think of. Sorry if I am long winded.

Style
4) Actually I think we should have polls within newthread myself. Instead of having to load a page after the thread is made.

Features
1) This is already in MyBB inside your admin CP. You should check it out.
2) That's actually impossible. You can't send a file through a XMLHTTPRequest.
3) Bad idea as you can't moderate personal data.
4) Then you don't have to request it again..

All others is already there or easy to make yourself or I can't reply to it.
CraKteR Wrote:2) That's actually impossible. You can't send a file through a XMLHTTPRequest.
Gmail has this feature. If you use the full version (not basic HTML) then your attachments will upload whilst you type your message. Also, sites like YouTube and LiveVideo use Javascript to upload files...
DrPoodle Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:2) That's actually impossible. You can't send a file through a XMLHTTPRequest.
Gmail has this feature. If you use the full version (not basic HTML) then your attachments will upload whilst you type your message. Also, sites like YouTube and LiveVideo use Javascript to upload files...
Actually, they use iframes. It just looks otherwise Toungue CraKteR and I are discussing how we could go about doing something like this, though (on a "possibility-only" basis).
DrPoodle Wrote:
No it has iframes. I said XMLHTTPRequest. I have inline uploading myself. But it's not ajaxed powered at all. Javascript != ajax...
Pages: 1 2 3 4