MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need to access admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2014-09-11, 12:38 AM)zamight Wrote: [ -> ]As shown in your attached files. Yes, click the SQL and paste the code there and submit/run the code.

Success? See screen shot. I tried getting into the forum admin with my username and password and it didn't work.
SQL result is saying 0 rows affected - but the Query is alright.
are you able to see admin link on forum at header (besides MCP) - have you checked whether you can log into admin panel ..
(2014-09-11, 09:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]SQL result is saying 0 rows affected - but the Query is alright.
are you able to see admin link on forum at header (besides MCP) - have you checked whether you can log into admin panel ..

No, there is no admin link on the forum header  and I was not able to log into the admin panel.
^ are there multiple databases ? you can find the database used for the forum by looking in ./inc/config.php file.
that file can be accessed through file manager available at the web host control panel.
./inc/config.php file consists a line like below (approx line Num. 11)
$config['database']['database'] = 'abcxyz';
(2014-09-11, 11:37 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ are there multiple databases ? you can find the database used for the forum by looking in ./inc/config.php file.
that file can be accessed through file manager available at the web host control panel.
./inc/config.php file consists a line like below (approx line Num. 11)

$config['database']['database'] = 'abcxyz';

This is what file manager looks like
^ click on public_html on left column, again click on + symbol before public_html to expand
most probably there should be inc folder. clicking on that inc folder at left side gives its contents
at right side. there you can see config.php file. click on that file name to select & click on Edit at top ..
(2014-09-11, 12:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ click on public_html on left column, again click on + symbol before public_html to expand
most probably there should be inc folder. clicking on that inc folder at left side gives its contents
at right side. there you can see config.php file. click on that file name to select & click on Edit at top ..

There was a inc file under public_html. I followed the tree all the way down, and there was no config.php.
^ please click on inc folder icon at left side. its contents are shown at right side of the screen
(2014-09-11, 01:20 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please click on inc folder icon at left side. its contents are shown at right side of the screen

Here are all the files on the right of the inc folder.
Open inc/init.php
Find: // Include the required core files
Below that there should be something like
require_once MYBB_ROOT."inc/config.php";
Is that what you see or is it a different file? Because the default is inc/config.php but I cannot see it (unless it's hidden).

Do you have FTP access which you can check with?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5