MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shutdown a MyBB Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best way to shutdown a MyBB forum? I'm running a 1.6.8 and I'd like to close it down but retain all the files for the future. I don't have time to maintain and administer this forum currently but I thought I'd keep the domain in case I want to redo it in the future.

Could I Zip all the files? Or is there another good method for doing this?
Download a database backup and also download your boards files. After that you can clean up everything.
So download the MySQL database and grab all the files via FTP?
You can also generate&download a database backup from the MyBB Control panel in Tools&Maintenance -> Database backups.
Just downloaded the backup. Is this all that is necessary?
Now you need to backup your files as well.
all files can be zipped through web host control panel by using file manager or backup facility.
the forum may be turned offline through the settings or index.php file can be renamed as index.old
and a new index.php / index.html file can be added with some information of forum shut down ..
Got the files zipped, thanks.
What control panel are you running? Easiest way is to just generate a full backup as that will backup everything in one.

Most providers use cPanel so assuming you're on a cPanel server you can also just provide this backup "as is" and they should restore it for you, for free.