MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sidebars like MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I achieve the effect of left and right sides with white and light gray colors boxed style? Default theme comes with complete white background.
MyBB uses another <div> to do it. Some of this is done in the header template. You wanna add another <div id="main" role="main"> between <div id="content"> and <div class="wrapper">. You will need to use CSS to style it. You'll also need to style wrapper some more so its not transparent. You will also need to close the <div>. I think it can be done in the footer template.
Thanks @zamight. You response is much appreciated.

I am a noob at coding. Please anyone can post the code for it?
Give me a temporary ACP.

Let me have a look.
(2014-09-10, 10:19 AM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]Give me a temporary ACP.

Let me have a look.

@aroshkhan Thanks for offering help. Following is the screenshot to show you what I am looking for. Could you please do it on a local installation on XAMPP or some other and see if you can do it.

[Image: HHdydos.png]
Go to: ACP > Themes > Your theme > Edit > global.css > edit in advanced mode > and find :

#container {
    background: #FFFFFF;
    width: 95%;
    color: #000000;
    border: 1px solid #e4e4e4;
    margin: auto auto;
    padding: 20px;
    text-align: left;
}

and change background: attribute something like this :

background: #FFFFFF url(http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/15/36/47/26/fmbg13.jpg);

Change #FFFFFF to whatever your "container" color is.
Thanks for the fast reply. Unfortunately, that code is just changing the background of the bottom line of the theme where it says "Powered by MyBB."
Make an image by your self of the exact thing you want at BG.

Then,

Edit global.css for your theme and edit the body{}.
add:

background: url("your url here");
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;

May be it will be like what you want.