MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins never work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whenever I ad a plugin and activate it it messes with my settings.php file and I have to reupload my settings.php file to get things working right again. Anyone have any idea how this might be happening. I have been getting my plugins from the offical plugin site. Any help in this would be wonderful.

Here is a little message I sent to someone online and it might explain a little more what is going on.

I was trying to use something called inline ads. Supposed to be able to put ads in the forums in certin areas. But when I take care of the settings for it it tells me that the settings have been set or whatever and then goes to a screen that says Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/journey/public_html/petchat/inc/settings.php on line 12 then I have to reupload my settings.php.
and that line would seem to be this one...

$settings['announcementlimit'] = "2";
Can you email me your settings.php to [email protected] ? I will look at the problem. Also can you confirm which exact plugin messes up your settings.php?
E-mail sent
Corection. 3 e-mails sent. I just tried to change the Board Name and it messed up the settings.php. Something sure is messed up.
Delete inc/settings.php and see if it fixes itself.
Sounds odd. Wouldn't I need that file to have the forums work? Ehhh I iwll try it when I get home
There's code in global.php that regenerates itself if settings.php is deleted.
The settings are in the database, it will recreate the settings.php file when you go to the forum after you deleted it.
meeh too slow.
I will need to check it more. But thank you it seems to have worked. I got one of the plugins going. I will reply again when everything is working.
Pages: 1 2 3