MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question by G33K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will this plugin ever be compatible for 1.8? It worked great before I upgraded and now I am constantly having to deal with spammer accounts!

http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

Thanks!
that plugin is not required in MyBB 1.8 as registration security questions feature added in to MyBB core.
How do I change or add questions becuase the question being used now is letting in spammers left and right. Thanks Smile
In both MyBB 1.6 and MyBB 1.8, there will be a "security questions" menu tab on the left under "Configuration. " If you don't see it, you should be able to fix that under admin permissions.

I usually use questions similar to "suppose someone has eight tables, and a man takes four chairs. How many tables is he left with?" Much better than the typical "2+2" questions without being confusing.
Edit: delayed response !

admin panel >> configuration >> security questions >> Add New Question (tab)
btw, delete or modify existing simple question
Thanks guys!!
Hi guys,

I have the same question and, yes, I do see the "Security question" tab, and yes, I have some questions set.
However, when I try to register all I am asked is "what does 2+2 equate to?"

I have the above plugin active. Am I supposed to remove it because the functionality is in the core?
Quote:I have the above plugin active. Am I supposed to remove it because the functionality is in the core?

As you mentioned - since security question is inbuilt in mybb 1.8 there's no need for that plugin.
Indeed... Plugin deactivated, however I still see the 2+2 question Sad
Regardless how many questions you have added first one (in your question list in AdminCP) will be shown as default when you register (or until you hit refresh button) and question " 2 x 2 is" is first on on your question list.
Pages: 1 2 3