MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BAM Announcements Manager (Updated - Version 2.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Great plugin, the layout is excellent. Is there a way to show the announcements on portal.php aswell as index.php pages? if so how?
(2015-11-09, 08:18 AM)Adzdon Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin, the layout is excellent. Is there a way to show the announcements on portal.php aswell as index.php pages? if so how?

Thanks for the feedback! There is no way to do this without editing code, but doing something like the following should do the trick. Go to /inc/plugins/bam.php, and on line 428, there should be the following:

if ($current_page == $mybb->settings['bam_index_page']) {

Change that to the following:

if (($current_page == $mybb->settings['bam_index_page']) || ($current_page == "portal.php")) {

Leave the "index page" setting on the admin CP as "index.php". I haven't tested this, but this should work. If not, PM me and I'll look into it further. Smile
(2015-11-09, 05:54 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-09, 08:18 AM)Adzdon Wrote: [ -> ]Great plugin, the layout is excellent. Is there a way to show the announcements on portal.php aswell as index.php pages? if so how?

Thanks for the feedback! There is no way to do this without editing code, but doing something like the following should do the trick. Go to /inc/plugins/bam.php, and on line 428, there should be the following:

if ($current_page == $mybb->settings['bam_index_page']) {

Change that to the following:

if (($current_page == $mybb->settings['bam_index_page']) || ($current_page == "portal.php")) {

Leave the "index page" setting on the admin CP as "index.php". I haven't tested this, but this should work. If not, PM me and I'll look into it further. Smile

Awesome, Thanks Darth Toungue
weird, its running globally on my localhost
Great plugin,,

Just one question how can I change the colours of the Announcements I want to make them darker and a little be of a color change?

I have tried to change the bam.php color settings but doesn't seam to be doing much..
This is strange, I have 2 boards, one of them this plugin works great. The new one I just built I get the following error when going to the announcements area after installation. Default install with no other plugins

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'litchi.mybb_bam' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_bam ORDER BY pinned DESC, disporder ASC, PID ASC
This doesn't seem to work for me. On a practically fresh forum, installed plugin, and with the code definitely in the correct template, there are no announcements showing up. Sad
After updating to 1.8.7 the plugin does not work any more, I can see the Board Announcements in the settings, but the message is not displayed on the forum. Any idea to fix this? Thanks!

EDIT: in fact the plugin was not working with the Square theme, I reverted to default theme and it works. Probably an incompatibility.
Would be great when you can make the date next to your message optional. Right now it automatically puts the date you make the announcement on, however it doesn't look very nice when you advertise things such as mybb does here with facebook, twitter, etc.
Great plug in mate. Easily customized .Thank you so much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8