MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTPsettings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I have uploaded a new forum.Its all working fine. Except it is not sending any emails. It is not sending the verification mail for the user or any such mail. Do I need to change any setting? Please help me.
just make sure you have fill the contact mail in the genrel configration.
pepotiger Wrote:just make sure you have fill the contact mail in the genrel configration.

Do you mean 'Admin Email'.I have filled it.
not the admin email ther is other faild you can see it under admin email called Cantact Mail. just fill it.
I am using mybb 1.2.2. I couldn't find any field named Contact Email under General Configuration. I could seea field called 'Contact Link' I filled that value also eventhough the documentation telling that it can be a hyperlink.Still no luck.

Thanks
[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Please try that and report back.
pepotiger Wrote:not the admin email ther is other faild you can see it under admin email called Cantact Mail. just fill it.

I think you mean Contact Us Link and that doesn't have anything to do with MyBB sending emails. cgshelf, At the moment, MyBB does not support SMTP. It needs sendmail, please try the test script Tikitiki posted and post your results.
Christian Wrote:
pepotiger Wrote:not the admin email ther is other faild you can see it under admin email called Cantact Mail. just fill it.

I think you mean Contact Us Link and that doesn't have anything to do with MyBB sending emails.

Yes that what I was mean, I was using that to test the sendmail function, by typing wrong admin password in the ACP login. if it send me worning that mean I have sendmail function work, if not that mean I don't see? Toungue
It should output 'email was not sent' or 'email was successfully sent'.
I have figured out what the problem is? It was showing the problem only for sending emails to my cgshelf.com email ids. It sends mails to yahoo, google or any other domains.

I am not using sendmails for my emails. and the mail server resides in some other server. But when I send mail using sendmail, it is assuming that the mail server is in the same server. Needs to find out a way to solve this.

Thanks to all for helping me.
Pages: 1 2