MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email notification default to ON for everything
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question re: email notification set to always.

Can myBB be configured with email notification settings – ON- for every thread and post creation and entry? All new threads and reply posts would automatically notify, no action required by creator.

I need a forum to capture threads related to non-profit’s volunteer Board of Directors.

I’m trying to pull my non-profit activities out of email archive overload.

Circumstance:
As volunteers, we frequently need to coordinate schedules and tasks. Presently, this occurs via email which generates lots of low signal, high noise traffic due to the Reply All nature of the users. I would like to move all communication to a forum that would capture the communication as threads which could then be referenced by all. Constant forum post email notifications are OK because they can be deleted with impunity. The content would be safe and available in the thread.

10 members, 4-10 threads a month.

All members can create new post.

All members can comment/reply to any post.

Crucial requirement - All forum posts automatically generate an instant email notification.

Can myBB be configured with email notification settings – ON- for every thread and post creation and entry?

Thanks,

J