MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: redirect thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello and thank you for any help.

This is a new install. I added a category called "FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES" then I added a new thread. All good. So when a user clicks on the "FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES" it open another page then you have to click on the "RULES AND GUIDELINES" to read the rules posted. I tried to redirect this to go directly to the thread and bypass's the second page. I want the second page to show the "RULES" just like the one shown below.

My site is: http://www.candhautoaccessories.com/fourms/

This site has a redirect like I want.

Now I find this awesome Forum and funny that what I am trying to do is done here. http://www.vahuntingforum.com/

Please click on there "FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES" it shows it is redirected and goes directly to the "RULES AND GUIDELINES"  on the first click.

This error come up when I try and redirect.

Please Advise. Thank you !
error message is saying that the forum you are trying to redirect has some threads.
empty forum can be redirected (not the forum with threads)
(2014-09-12, 06:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]error message is saying that the forum you are trying to redirect has some threads.

Hello, I realize that. I am asking how to fix this problem. If you look at the other site I posted to be viewed seems they are the same. OUESTION???? help to fix this issue I have tried over and over. How do I post an empty forum? I thought I am doing that.

Please direct me to the correct way to fix the problem. Can anyone help me? Just one reply...WOW!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP TO LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!!

Confused???????

The site I posted to compare reads the same as mine does. http://www.vahuntingforum.com/
Threads: 2
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s

My Site: http://candhautoaccessories.com/fourms/
Warning Level: 0%

Can't figure this out

WOW, awesome help!! Thank you!!! Also PM mOd no response.

(2014-09-12, 03:22 PM)4evrfit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-12, 06:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]error message is saying that the forum you are trying to redirect has some threads.

Hello, I realize that. I am asking how to fix this problem. If you look at the other site I posted to be viewed seems they are the same. OUESTION???? help to fix this issue I have tried over and over. How do I post an empty forum? I thought I am doing that.

Please direct me to the correct way to fix the problem. Can anyone help me? Just one reply...WOW!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ANY HELP TO LEAD ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!!!!!

Confused???????

The site I posted to compare reads the same as mine does. http://www.vahuntingforum.com/
Given 0 thank(s) in 0 post(s

My Site: http://candhautoaccessories.com/fourms/
Warning Level: 0%

Can't figure this out

WOW, awesome help!! Thank you!!! Also PM mOd no response.
I was told that if you ever have a problem everyone plus mods will help you!! THANKS, also PM a Mod No Reply!
^ please note :

most of the staff members do not solicit PMs for support. contact staff through PM only if they ask.
And we cannot expect support on weekends from voluntary community. All helpers are volunteers here.

members of this community are from different parts of the world. they are on different time zones

modified messages (due to serial posts merge) on MyBB do not send notification to responders.
..................................................................................
you want to redirect a forum to another thread.
then what is the use of having threads in that forum (which redirects to something else) ?

Quote:error message is saying that the forum you are trying to redirect has some threads
if system is like that then that can not be modified easily and that is not a bug to fix
That really helped. Do you feel better now? If you understood what I was doing and read everything you will see it can and is done on the other site I provided. Instead of trying to help me with my issue which I guess you can't you are telling me HOW, WHEN AND WHY, I should post and WHAT TIME. There is always one that acts like they have to defend the Mods etc. To be noticed. While great job!!! Boy you are awesome.

P.S. Thanks for your kind help!! And if you can't help or give advise on an issue why waste your time disrespected me and what I am trying to do/get done. I posted here for help because I was told you guys here are more then willing to help one another??? But I get you, Mr. I do know anything but how to be disrespectful.

OK your turn, now give it tooooooo me .m. !!

(2014-09-14, 08:18 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ please note :

most of the staff members do not solicit PMs for support. contact staff through PM only if they ask.
And we cannot expect support on weekends from voluntary community. All helpers are volunteers here.

members of this community are from different parts of the world. they are on different time zones

modified messages (due to serial posts merge) on MyBB do not send notification to responders.
..................................................................................
you want to redirect a forum to another thread.
then what is the use of having threads in that forum (which redirects to something else) ?

Quote:error message is saying that the forum you are trying to redirect has some threads
if system is like that then that can not be modified easily and that is not a bug to fix

OH buy the way .m. I didn't think you understood what I was doing by this

"you want to redirect a forum to another thread.
then what is the use of having threads in that forum (which redirects to something else) ?"

This isn't what I am doing nor is it what I explained or posted........
First of all, .m. is not a 'boy' - this forum isn't a place to talk to anyone in that tone. Secondly, she didn't disrespect you in any way. She kindly explained to you that we are volunteers who aren't available 24/7, so ironic comments like "WOW, awesome help!! Thank you!!!" won't get you anywhere. Thirdly, she answered your question correctly - forums with threads can't be converted to redirects no matter what you will do. Choose/create another empty forum for the redirect and your problem will be solved...

Now I'm closing this thread because 90% of it are your rants and redundant spam.