MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.8 issue?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had no problem upgrading..... but some of the plugins i installed dont want to work.

[Image: PQQGakg.png]

I am mainly looking for two things... a chatbox or shout box to use in my forum and a page manager

Is there a way to revert back so i can use some of these plugins?

Lost and dont know what to do.
if you have full backup of earlier version (files & database) then you can revert back

MyShoutbox doesn't work with MyBB 1.8 - requires code changes - not sure any coder helps ..

you can try using inferno shoutbox (modified version)
OR if your forum is running on php 5.5 then you can try using DVZ shoutbox 2.1 (in development)

pagemanager works with MyBB 1.8 by changing compatibility line to 18* in the plugin file

Edit: OUGC Pages released for MyBB 1.8

DyMy cbox integration can be tried by changing compatibility line in the plugin file
I am using Inferno Shoutbox on my 1.8 install and it runs perfect. Easy to install too.
Didn't you see my thread. I've explained there that how you can make all plugins compatible to 1.8

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159294.html
(2014-09-13, 05:21 AM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't you see my thread. I've explained there that how you can make all plugins compatible to 1.8

That's not really something that's easy to do for a non coder. It's true that a lot of plugins can be made compatible just by changing the compatibility line, but plugins that use the prototype JS framework, have certain specific template edits, or depend on features that work differently in 1.8 can't just be ported with a one line change, and the changes required won't be easy to implement by someone who isn't already knowledgeable on MyBB and its plugin system.
(2014-09-13, 05:26 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-13, 05:21 AM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't you see my thread. I've explained there that how you can make all plugins compatible to 1.8

That's not really something that's easy to do for a non coder. It's true that a lot of plugins can be made compatible just by changing the compatibility line, but plugins that use the prototype JS framework, have certain specific template edits, or depend on features that work differently in 1.8 can't just be ported with a one line change, and the changes required won't be easy to implement by someone who isn't already knowledgeable on MyBB and its plugin system.

Yeah i do agree with you.
But I've tested too all the plugins which I'm using.
(2014-09-13, 05:36 AM)aroshkhan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-13, 05:26 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah i do agree with you.
But I've tested too all the plugins which I'm using.

Buddy, I think you need to have a better understanding of the behind-the-scenes code involved before you start advertising something like that. You clearly don't understand how plugins work and what changes were made between 1.6 and 1.8. Just because some, and probably a good portion, will work, doesn't mean they all do. You're making yourself seem rather... I won't say it.

sorry i did not see it. thanks for directing me to it

(2014-09-12, 04:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have full backup of earlier version (files & database) then you can revert back

MyShoutbox doesn't work with MyBB 1.8 - requires code changes - not sure any coder helps ..

OR if your forum is running on php 5.5 then you can try using DVZ shoutbox 2.1 (in development)

pagemanager works with MyBB 1.8 by changing compatibility line to 18* in the plugin file

DyMy cbox integration can be tried by changing compatibility line in the plugin file

Thank you Smile ... i will try your suggestions first

(2014-09-12, 04:25 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have full backup of earlier version (files & database) then you can revert back

I did as you suggested by changing the version from 16* to 18* and is appeared to accept it.

[Image: K05Ot0u.png]

the next problem is where do i find the option to add a new page? I Googled suggestions but all roads lead to a dead end?

any help would be greatly appreciated.