MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM / Language problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to switch from 1.6.15 to 1.8 and see a problem with the PM-notification in the header of the forum.

I received a PM called "testbericht"

Using the English language-package everyting works fine:

[Image: dgjn8g.jpg]

Using the Dutch language-package I get this:

[Image: epmc1l.jpg]

As you can see the title of the message is not correct ('9567' in stat of 'testbericht')

What's going wrong? Any ideas?
does that number indicate PM id ?
(2014-09-12, 01:08 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]does that number indicate PM id ?

Yes, it does .m.

The same language file worked well in 1.6.15........
Any idea what the problem could be?
global.lang.php has some changes from 1.6.15 to 1.8
below segment is from version 1.8
$l['newpm_notice_one'] = "<strong>You have one unread private message</strong> from {1} titled <a href=\"{2}/private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={3}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{4}</a>";
$l['newpm_notice_multiple'] = "<strong>You have {1} unread private messages.</strong> The most recent is from {2} titled <a href=\"{3}/private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={4}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{5}</a>";

this is from version 1.6
$l['newpm_notice_one'] = "<strong>You have one unread private message</strong> from {1} titled <a href=\"private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={2}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{3}</a>";
$l['newpm_notice_multiple'] = "<strong>You have {1} unread private messages.</strong> The most recent is from {2} titled <a href=\"private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={3}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{4}</a>";
(2014-09-12, 01:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]global.lang.php has some changes from 1.6.15 to 1.8
below segment is from version 1.8

$l['newpm_notice_one'] = "<strong>You have one unread private message</strong> from {1} titled <a href=\"{2}/private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={3}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{4}</a>";
$l['newpm_notice_multiple'] = "<strong>You have {1} unread private messages.</strong> The most recent is from {2} titled <a href=\"{3}/private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={4}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{5}</a>";

this is from version 1.6

$l['newpm_notice_one'] = "<strong>You have one unread private message</strong> from {1} titled <a href=\"private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={2}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{3}</a>";
$l['newpm_notice_multiple'] = "<strong>You have {1} unread private messages.</strong> The most recent is from {2} titled <a href=\"private.php?action=read&amp;pmid={3}\" style=\"font-weight: bold;\">{4}</a>";

Thanks again; this works perfect  Wink
(2014-09-12, 01:16 PM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ]The same language file worked well in 1.6.15........
Any idea what the problem could be?
There have been many changes to the language packs in 1.8.
(2014-09-12, 02:31 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]There have been many changes to the language packs in 1.8.

I noticed that too StefanT  Sad

Maybe it's a better idea to re-translate all of the files to get a fresh start.........