MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you make a theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I downloaded one a while back to see what it looked like becuase it didn't have a preview and it sounded really cool. when i did it came with a CSS file...i clicked on it and it opened my adobe go-live but it didn't open itself in go-live.

Can you make forum themes with go-live? If not what software do can you use? I have been searching the internet and all these other forums including this one to fined the perfect theme like i had on my old site...But if i cant find it I will make it myself...

If you can find something like it...its mostly black and white...all the lettering is white or gray. there are no other colors. It was a VB forum skin but im using MyBB now. people say they liked my old skin so i want to find something like it for MyBB.

So, does anyone know if you can, and how you can make a forum in adobe go-live CS2 or where the software is...or maybe you know of a good theme that would be like what i poorly described.
Css files are plain text files that should be opened in text editors like notepad or wordpad.
if i right click on it, it says in bold (so its whats happens when u double click) "Edit In Adobe GoLive CS2"
Well open it in notepad/wordpad instead.
its just a bunch of letters and crap...this is not what im talking about. I want to know what software ca be used to make a theme. and the CSS style sheet i was using as a reason i thought it was goLive...it serves no other purpose in this conversation. Can you give me an answer to that. lol.
You can use the admincp to edit the template or theme/css. If you are asking about text editors and graphic programs that is something different. Text editors are all over the place. Graphic programs can range from MS Paint (built into Windows but very limited) to GIMP which is complex to use but it's extensive and best of all FREE.
how bout something that i already have lol ...

Adobe illustrator
Adobe GoLive
Adobe InDesign
Adobe Imageready
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe Designer

all CS2

I have all those and stuff...all i want to know is CAN YOU and if you CAN, HOW YOU make one in any of the programs listed. I will look up GIMP.
In all honesty...you seem like you are noobish. Do you have ANY experience with those programs?

To attempt to answer your question AGAIN. You use the admincp tools to modify templates and css/themes. To make graphics you can try photoshop or imageready. You will need to FTP the images to the server. Now without going into detail about each step...those are the basics. If you don't understand it from there you are beyond my assistance. You may want to download an existing theme and attempt to install it or pay someone to make you a theme.

There are themes at sites like http://mods.mybboard.com Please make sure they are 1.2x themes.
im still going to search...thanks for ur help...i just wanted someone to say "yes u can make a theme with ----- and heres the tutorial www.------.com"

ok im having my otehr admin guy help my pick one...i need a dark one becasue people say my white one is to dull....and the slate black one was to dark...so yea... picky lil monsters...
http://www.mybbcentral.com/showthread.php?tid=35

That's a dark/grey theme I made.
Pages: 1 2