MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8 upgrade have bug? Lack of access to the admin Cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

i upgrade my forum 1.6.15 to 1.8
But

After logging in to the admin
Admin page is white
And I do not have access to any part Undecided

theme forum & theme admin cp do not change automatically !!!! Huh

I did the upgrade correctly - & All plugins is disabled

I want to upgrade to 1.8 Confused
Please help me
Did you rename your admin folder on your 1.6.x forum by any chance? If so, you will need to upload /admin files in the new MyBB 1.8 package to the same folder.
(2014-09-13, 04:37 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Did you rename your admin folder on your 1.6.x forum by any chance? If so, you will need to upload /admin files in the new MyBB 1.8 package to the same folder.

Hi mr
tnx to answer

yea - i cahnge name

But I renamed before upgrading , admin folder 1.8 change to ay776shalman ( admin folder 1.6 name )
Is it true?

Or should I change the admin folder 1.6 name (ay776shalman) to admin name (Default) ?
As long as the new admin files from 1.8 ended up in the current admin folder, that shouldn't be an issue. It can't hurt to reattempt the upload just to be sure. If the page is totally blank, it is most likely a PHP error from somewhere, which could be caused by a number of things.
(2014-09-13, 04:51 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]As long as the new admin files from 1.8 ended up in the current admin folder, that shouldn't be an issue. It can't hurt to reattempt the upload just to be sure. If the page is totally blank, it is most likely a PHP error from somewhere, which could be caused by a number of things.
So why did not automatically change the mybb theme & admin cp theme?
admin theme & mybb theme is not Found

i Restore full backup
I want to upgrade again
What should I do?
plz help me
please sir
If you are getting a completely blank page, your PHP configuration probably has error display disabled. You could try inserting this after "define("IN_ADMINCP", 1);" (or anywhere in the first few lines of code) in /admin/index.php to enable PHP to output errors.

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

Won't solve the problem, but it might make it a little easier to see what's gone wrong.
(2014-09-13, 06:09 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]If you are getting a completely blank page, your PHP configuration probably has error display disabled. You could try inserting this after "define("IN_ADMINCP", 1);" (or anywhere in the first few lines of code) in /admin/index.php to enable PHP to output errors.

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');

Won't solve the problem, but it might make it a little easier to see what's gone wrong.

thanks man
u are best !!!!
but
did not automatically change the mybb theme & admin cp theme
admin theme & mybb theme is not Found
What is the solution? Is automatically created?

i want upgrade again
What do you think?
What can I change? To fix that? Blush
I'm confused. You're saying that they are running on different themes?

The MyBB 1.8 admin theme matches the forum theme. If the admin theme didn't match the forum theme after you upgraded, something went wrong in the upgrade. If the admin page displayed nothing at all, you have an error somewhere.

Just to be on the safe side, if you attempt the upgrade again, it can't hurt to rename the admin directory back to /admin just to be on the same side. If you are getting themes that don't match, I honestly wonder if that's the issue.
(2014-09-13, 06:18 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]I'm confused. You're saying that they are running on different themes?

The MyBB 1.8 admin theme matches the forum theme. If the admin theme didn't match the forum theme after you upgraded, something went wrong in the upgrade. If the admin page displayed nothing at all, you have an error somewhere.

Just to be on the safe side, if you attempt the upgrade again, it can't hurt to rename the admin directory back to /admin just to be on the same side. If you are getting themes that don't match, I honestly wonder if that's the issue.

no no man
i restore full backup
i want upgrade again
What I mean is What I do not repeat the problem? The default theme is changed automatically?

UPpppp

mybb 1.8 have a bug
& Nobody does not respond
i must upgrade to vb? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sry for this Community

http://community.mybb.com/thread-159339-...pid1102339
( post 2 )
StefanT
You can not support.
heh !!
Rather than answer Delete my posts
Really MyBB have best support !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i upgrade to vB
i'M sry for this Community
Same problem here and yes I had a renamed admin folder although I renamed it back to admin prior to the install.

Adding the error code gives me the following when I try to log in:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /var/www/vhosts/clanptg.co.uk/httpdocs/****/modules/games/module_meta.php on line 50

If I remove that file I then get another error but for a different file:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method pluginSystem::run_hooks_by_ref() in /var/www/vhosts/clanptg.co.uk/httpdocs/****/modules/portal/module_meta.php on line 26

Removing that one then gives:

/var/www/vhosts/clanptg.co.uk/httpdocs/inc/languages/english/admin/teradonate_global.lang.php does not exist

I've stopped removing them now lol. But yea, any ideas :/
Pages: 1 2 3