MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from 1.6.15 to 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I got a question, I saw how 1.8 looks like and i very like it but is it possible to run my 1.6 plugins on 1.8 forum?
This is the list of my plugins that are loaded and used
Add forum options 2.2.3
Akismet 1.2.2
Usergroup legend 3.0
Multiple Registrations detector 1.1
MyShoutbox 1.7
Naoar Donation 3.0
Show the users that has been online today 2.0
xRoster 1.0.6
Side Boxes plus! 2.1.5

I know the line "compatibility" => "16*", for 1.4 plugins to work with 1.6 but does it also work for 1.8 when i set it on 18?
not at all, please wait whole author of plugin update their 1.8 release
That was only a way to fool the system to allow you to run the plugin. The downsides to doing that is that its not truly compatible with 1.8 that may open security issues and unwanted bugs.

(2014-09-14, 04:26 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]not at all, please wait whole author of plugin update their 1.8 release
Yes please wait for the 1.8 release, or edit the code yourself given permission was granted
Alright then ill wait, not into php coding atm still learning Big Grin
Thanks for the answers Smile
Some plugins may actually work pretty well with only the compatibility change. Plugins that require very specific template edits, integrate with certain features of MyBB at a core level, or use the prototype JS framework won't work without further modifications, however.

I did manage to get newpoints working on a test forum before it was officially re-released for 1.8 without further modifications. It really just depends largely on the plugin. As porting plugins using this method isn't really officially supported, the best way to be on the safe side is to attempt to install them on a test forum and to thoroughly test, just to be sure.