MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URL breaker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea for a plugin that would break all URLs in a specified section/forum.

Basically, you would designate a section or forum for the plugin to take effect on and it will break all URLs, and it would break any URLs in new posts/posts that are moved there.

And by breaking the URL, I mean where it changes it from website.com to X.com (or something along those lines)
Seems feasible, although the simplest way to do it would probably be just to hook into the post parser, which would mean that it wouldn't affect signatures, etc. What exactly is the purpose/need for this plugin?

Edit: I'm assuming this would be for MyBB 1.8? I'd end up using forum select and group select setting types, and the lack of their existence in MyBB 1.6 is aggravating. Toungue
This plugin would be for 1.8 and the purpose of this plugin is so no links can work in the 'junk' area of my site.
I had already started on the plugin, may be able to get around to finishing it next week. Right now I'm pretty busy with some personal stuff, unfortunately.

My concept was essentially to be able to allow the plugin to be
  • Configured to work only with specified usergroups
  • Configured to work only on specified forums
  • Configured to either redirect/replace or disable a URL (or optionally to redirect to a custom error page)

Is that the concept you were looking for?
Yeah! That's pretty much exactly what I wanted Big Grin