MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downgraded from 1.8!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well guys I made the change to 1.8 a week or so ago and today I downgraded back to 1.6.
Personally I think 1.8 is just downright terrible, what's your view?

Also has anyone else downgraded back to 1.6?
I think that 1.8 is awesome.
(2014-09-15, 01:11 AM)nth Wrote: [ -> ]I think that 1.8 is awesome.

I disliked it, maybe it will improve in the future.
What parts did you dislike? Missing plugins and features? Buggy?
Saying it is downright terrible is of no help to anyone. At least explain what you had problems with. 1.8 is mostly the same as 1.6 with a few enhancements and fixes. The only problems I've seen so far are due to people not preparing for the upgrade properly.
(2014-09-15, 02:15 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]What parts did you dislike? Missing plugins and features? Buggy?

Personally I just didn't like it, I thought 1.6 was a lot more smoother.

(2014-09-15, 06:36 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Saying it is downright terrible is of no help to anyone. At least explain what you had problems with. 1.8 is mostly the same as 1.6 with a few enhancements and fixes. The only problems I've seen so far are due to people not preparing for the upgrade properly.

I won't lie it does look sexy with some of the changes applied but I just think 1.6 was better, I had no issues with the changes etc but I just overall didn't like it.
But what is it you don't like? Its pretty much 1.6 with a new theme and a few new features... It hasnt been completely overhauled, things havent been removed in a general sense (IE: its not a new product and we're still waiting to XYZ feature to be implemented that WAS in 1.6)
I'm not really sure how it can be worse when stuff has only been added into it, but okay Smile The theme was the biggest thing so if you like that...

Some actual specific examples may make this thread make some degree of sense Smile
(2014-09-15, 11:54 AM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]I had no issues with the changes etc but I just overall didn't like it.

Undecided
I think the biggest problem people are running into is lack of functionality via plugins and a lack of themes.

For me it's great though. I got rid of absolutely every plugin on my website and get to start fresh with a clean new set of plugins, a few of which I am writing myself to actually function the way I want. There was a little bit of lost data, but nothing that really hurt the forum.
Pages: 1 2